1/6 sanke kegs in keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_T

Reaction score
I am going to be building a keezer and am not sure what size freezer to start with. I am going to be using 1/6 sanke style kegs. I plan to have 4 regular taps with room to add a stout tap. So is there anyone using a 7 cf freezer with 5 sanke kegs? I am assuming I will need to step up to a 10.2 cf and was planning on getting the Criterion® brand from Menards.

I am going to be building a keezer and am not sure what size freezer to start with. I am going to be using 1/6 sanke style kegs. I plan to have 4 regular taps with room to add a stout tap. So is there anyone using a 7 cf freezer with 5 sanke kegs? I am assuming I will need to step up to a 10.2 cf and was planning on getting the Criterion® brand from Menards.

I have a GE 7.1 cu foot keezer. I can fit 5 cornies in there (it is a bit tight) as for the sixtels, this thread is great for checking if a chest freezer will fit. Looks though that most of the 7 cu foot ones will only fit 4 sankey sixtels.

I have looked at that thread many times over. Like some have commented before some of those models are no longer available. I am really leaning toward the larger freezer so I have plenty of room but was hoping that someone might have first hand experience with the 1/6 sanke kegs.

I have looked at that thread many times over. Like some have commented before some of those models are no longer available. I am really leaning toward the larger freezer so I have plenty of room but was hoping that someone might have first hand experience with the 1/6 sanke kegs.

I believe this is EdWort's idea, but you can trace out the footprint of a 1/6 Sanke, make 4 more (or however many you want to fit), then go shopping. Lay them up in the floor models to make a decision.

I believe this is EdWort's idea, but you can trace out the footprint of a 1/6 Sanke, make 4 more (or however many you want to fit), then go shopping. Lay them up in the floor models to make a decision.

Just remember. Sankeys have rings that make them wider then the base circle

Back