• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1/6 barrel sanke keg (5 gallon)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EzMak24

Reaction score
I have 2 1/6 barrel sanke kegs (5 gallon) for sale. I'm not sure what they are worth so I will take offers on them. They are in good shape and I'll ship anywhere in the U.S. at buyers expense.

FYI: Not to bash on your classified, but you could always buy a keg of your favorite brew that comes in 1/6 bbls and keep the keg. You're probably looking at a $30 deposit. I'm just thinking about people spending that much on shipping + cost. GLWS

FYI: Not to bash on your classified, but you could always buy a keg of your favorite brew that comes in 1/6 bbls and keep the keg. You're probably looking at a $30 deposit. I'm just thinking about people spending that much on shipping + cost. GLWS

There is a multiple decade long debate about what you speak of.

Synopsis:
Pro: Cheaper and easier.
Con: You are breaking the law, or at least sticking your favorite brewery with part of your bill.

jhenderson27 said:
75 dollar deposit here in ny. 30 for keg, 45 to make sure they get them back.

Off op, that's gone in ny. The senate let the law slide. Distributors and markets may still charge the fee.

That price is to an individual. The 30 is all a bar is charged. Ive boight kegs many places and its always 75 to the average person. Unless you get them from a friend who owns a bar. Now i dont buy commercial keg beers. I have all my own flowing. Btw talk about bringing back a zombie thread

Do you still have these? I could pick them up since in mt pleasant mi. Any idea on price. Not really sure. Pretty new to brewing

There is a multiple decade long debate about what you speak of.

Synopsis:
Pro: Cheaper and easier.
Con: You are breaking the law, or at least sticking your favorite brewery with part of your bill.

You are not breaking the law in CO. When I get kegs in Denver I am told that after 30 days the Keg is mine, and my deposit is theirs. It seems to me if I can't return it for my deposit then it is mine to do what I want with it.

Back