• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Massachusetts 1/2bbl Brewing Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluxgame

Reaction score
We're selling our 1/2bbl pilot system and thought someone here might be interested.

It's a Colorado Brewing Systems 25 Gallon Down Under brewing system. 30A electric control panel (UL/CSA listed) with PLC touchscreen operation. Includes stand with hoist assembly, 25 gallon kettle with tri-clamp connections, re-circulation pump, stainless steel mash basket and 5500W element assembly. Asking price is $2,700.

Also, 2 SS Brewtech 1/2bbl Unitank fermenters. Asking price is $1,000 each.

All reasonable offers considered as well.

Pics of fermenters? Any accessories? Temp control etc?

seconded for pics. and info on the fermenters

Unitanks are as shown here: https://www.ssbrewtech.com/collections/all-unitanks/products/half-bbl-unitank

They are missing the digital thermometer, but are otherwise complete. We use a temperature controller from Inkbird with them to control a wrap of 12" wide heat tape and a solenoid off of our glycol main. Happy to include the temp controller and heat tape. The glycol components are not included, for obvious reasons. However the chiller coil has 3/8" barbs for the inlet and outlet, so it is easy to attach to.

any idea how many batches you put through them? assuming no crazy dings, dents, or scratches

We've done around a dozen batches in each of them. The neoprene jackets went on when we bought them (new from MoreBeer in January 2018) and haven't come off since. They haven't taken any hits that would have caused a ding or dent though. They are both finishing up ferments right now, but I can strip them down once they are empty and take some photos.

Just a note: Due to the interest I'm getting in the full package elsewhere, I'm not currently interested in selling the fermenters separately from the brew system.

Back