Deal of the day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Docapi

Reaction score
So, the other day I notice there is an auction going on nearby that lists "soda bottles" in the auction.

I figure, since I have nothing going on, I'd check it out.

Between SWMBO and the kids, we get there over 2 hours late, and as I walk in I see this stuff in a pile:

DSC04912.jpg
[/IMG]

4 pin-lock kegs (no root beer), a dual control CO2 regulator with a T for 3 lines off each control, 5 lines connected to the regulator with CO2 in disconnects, and 6 short lines with a co2 in on one side and a liquid out on the other side.

I ask somebody how far along the auction is, and find out that it all sold already. :mad:

Anyways, I noticed that somebody had written "#90" on the box, and when I went in to get a number, I noticed that bidder number 90 had bought a whole pile of stuff- nothing that I saw over a few bucks.

I decided to give it one more try.

I hung out by the stuff hoping to catch the buyer i hopes of getting the stuff for some kind of reasonable price.

A while later, a couple of guys go by, and I hear one of them saying "those pop thingies ought to be worth something for scrap".

I steppe up to them , and played dumb- "Do you know if this stuff has sold yet?"

"Yup, that whole row sold a while ago"

"Aw, shoot. Them silver thingies I was hoping to get for my wife- I figure she could make planters or something out of them"

"Actually, I bought them."

"Really! You wouldn't be interested in selling them, would you? My wife likes that sorta thing."

At this point, he gets a real shrewd look on his face, kinda like "Oh, yeah, I found me a sucker."

"Well, anything is for sale- for the right price."

"Heck, I don't know- what is something like that worth?" (Hee Hee- about 250-300 bucks, but do you know that?)

"I don't remember what I paid for it- let me go check and get back to you."

So he goes, checks the price he paid, and I see him talking to a couple of people, probably trying to figure out what he can sucker me for.

A bout 10 minutes later, he comes strolling back.

"Well, I have more in that stuff than I thought. There Just ain't no way I can sell the stuff for less than....

(Pause for suspense)

"10 bucks."

SOLD!:rockin:

Back