Korean Posts Translated in Google

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should try to urge the spammers to take up a new hobby, like homebrewing. They would have less time to hack, and more time to enjoy the better things in life ... beer.

Also, who actually enjoys Korean massages anyway...

We should try to urge the spammers to take up a new hobby, like homebrewing. They would have less time to hack, and more time to enjoy the better things in life ... beer.

Also, who actually enjoys Korean massages anyway...

Uh, I don't know. But I've always wanted to try one!

These guys have hit us hard many times in the past. Once in a while they try again and we ban them and eventually they give up. Haven't found a good automated way to prevent them, but the ban tools are more streamlined and the mods try very hard to seek and destroy them as soon as they appear.

The nice thing is they are easy to spot, and they don't really do much hard other than annoy.

OK, this hacker crap is getting old. Messing up my HBT feed. I think I'll leave this right here...

Last edited by a moderator:
These guys have hit us hard many times in the past. Once in a while they try again and we ban them and eventually they give up. Haven't found a good automated way to prevent them, but the ban tools are more streamlined and the mods try very hard to seek and destroy them as soon as they appear.

The nice thing is they are easy to spot, and they don't really do much hard other than annoy.

Any idea what the point is behind their actions?

This is the thing I have never understood. It's one thing to make a post advertising a thing but it is like these are meant to flood the site vindictively. Are these Korean Mothers Against Alcohol hacking the HBT to shut down our evil ways? Or is this some kind of "because I can" 10 year old hacker badge of honor?

See, if only they had filled up 11 pages with the same thing, I might have bought something. But a mere ten pages? Pshh.

See, if only they had filled up 11 pages with the same thing, I might have bought something. But a mere ten pages? Pshh.

Exactly. I mean why put in that level of effort?

I get that it is done by a bot. By why even put in the effort to create the bot , for this?

Last time we got hit hard with that kspam, slym made some comment in one of the spam threads and the spammer responded to him. Funny. So it's not always a bot.

Would'nt that qualify Slym to to be the ambassador to Korea under some countries administration...;)

Exactly. I mean why put in that level of effort?

I get that it is done by a bot. By why even put in the effort to create the bot , for this?

A six pack says it's just kids being kids. The same kind of entertainment value I might have gotten out of wasting time away playing minesweeper when I was a kid.

Comedian George Wallace said something like "Baccarat is easy. I can teach anyone to play baccarat. Playing baccarat is just like playing craps: you put your chips down, and then the dealer picks them up."

Comedian George Wallace said something like "Baccarat is easy. I can teach anyone to play baccarat. Playing baccarat is just like playing craps: you put your chips down, and then the dealer picks them up."

Exactly!

Haven't found a good automated way to prevent them, but the ban tools are more streamlined and the mods try very hard to seek and destroy them as soon as they appear.

if these are just bots, then it might be worthwhile to put a box that you have to check "I'm not a bot" before a post can be made. :mug:

Back