Kegerator Build 7.4 cu ft Avanti Refrigerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byronneal24

Reaction score
Hi all, really excited for my first post. After months of research and a few returns, I built a kegerator last weekend (seen below). A few things pushed me to convert a refrigerator vs. a chest freezer:

1- Space: I have limited space in my bar area and needed something that would fit in a narrow opening (plenty of height but limited width)
2- Glass Storage: I like the concept of having a small freezer to store glassware. There is room for 2 1/6 barrel kegs and the CO2 in the refrigerator component.
3- Assembly: I didn't like the idea of building a collar for the freezer. Instead I drilled two 7/8 inch holes in the refrigerator door and inserted the shanks.

The project cost approximately $600 ($300 refrigerator new, $300 draft supplies). As I mentioned, this is a smaller dorm room like refrigerator vs. the regular size. I recommend measuring the height of your keg and tracing the diameter with a cardboard cut out. This way you'll know what size refrigerator to buy.

I'm pouring a Farm and Family Saison from a local brewery in Chicago (Logan Square), IL. The temp is 36 degrees and PSI set at 12. I'll be tapping a second keg soon (decisions decisions...).

I'd be happy to answer any questions. Thanks for viewing my post!

Best,

Byron

image6.JPG

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

image5.JPG

image3.JPG

image7.JPG

I like the bar. It also has to be nice, not having to lift those kegs into a chest freezer.:mug:

Back