Anyone know where the Promash people are?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psymn

Reaction score
I ordered the software on 3/8, and I have not been contacted or emailed. I tried calling them for the last 2 days and all I get is a message saying "please call back at a later time."

Are they out of business?

Thanks,
Matt

No, not out of business but having some severe health related issues.

Jeff Donovan, the developer is rightfully focusing his time and efforts on his wife who is battling stage 3 cancer. He does appear on the forums occasionally. But software is the last thing he is concerned about right now.

ProMash is an excellent program. And worth the wait. I for one am looking forward to a new release but for now, I am using a different program.

Thanks for the update.

I will gladly wait for it since I loved the trial version. Now that I know what's happening I feel like an ass for expecting a quick turnaround.

-Matt

Based on the experience of others that have posted similar questions here and elsewhere, Jeff is only checking orders every week or so. He is understandably distracted. If you haven't heard back in a couple of weeks, then I might start to be concerned. It's too bad that things are taking this long, but I hope people can have a bit of patience.

While you are waiting for your software order, you might try checking out StrangeBrew Java 2.0. It is opensource (free) and it works with ProMash recipes. So you can at least use it in the meantime to cruise the net and download and look at lots of the great ProMash recipes out there.

There is a link to the StrangeBrew download in the Software forum.

If you don't hear from Jeff by the end of the week, you should post on the promash help forum. He'll get back to you eventually. I know he had order processing problems at one point last year.

All of Jeff's work, and dedication to brewing has been a huge benefit for thousands of brewers. We should all keep his wife in our thoughts, and raise a glass for the two of them. Best wishes to Jeff and his family.:mug:

ProMash is great software, and I'm sorry to hear Jeff's wife is ill.

I used it quite happily for a year's worth of extract + steeping grain and partial mashes until we finally went all grain. It only handles batch sparging with a work around, so on Bobby_M's advice I recently bought Beer Smith, which I am also quite happy with.

Back