Tri Clover Carbination/Gas Fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcav

Still Believing In God, Family &This Great Country
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone, so I have a tri clover blow off assembly on my 14.5 gallon fermenator. I really would like to be able to use Co2 to transfer beer into my kegs, or even to give it a shot of Co2 to blanket the top when I open the keg type latch door, when I dry hop. So I saw this cool fitting but I don't want to pay $86.67 for it :eek:

Here is a link to it: http://parts.jvnw.com/index.html
When you get to the site go to carb/gas fittings and then scroll down to the third item "TC X Gas Fitting" and you will see what I mean.

It's basically a tri clover cap with a gas side keg post welded to it as far as I can see. That is all I need and I will be all set. Anyone know where I can get one? Hey Bobby M, this would be a great new item for you to make and sell!

John

Your awesome Bobby, I will call you tomorrow to order it! Bet you can sell a bunch of these!

Your the man! :mug:

John

Thanks for posting this. I called Bobby this morning and purchased the one he made for me and it will be on it's way to me today. Top notch extremely fast service, custom made fitting, and he gave me a great price with shipping and everything! This fitting will serve the purpose I need it to do better, to get Co2 gas into my fermenter, by just snapping on a gas connector. Gotta love it!

John

Just thought I'd post a few pics of this awesome fitting in action! I dry hopped my "Swamp Head" "Big Nose IPA" clone Saturday, and this fitting came in handy to blanket the top of the fermenter with Co2 after opening the hatch and adding the hops.

Here it is sitting on top of the fermenter ready to be put to use.
DSC_6099.jpg
Here it is attached after blow off assembly was removed.
DSC_6103.jpg
I just put my ball lock keg gas attachment on the post and adjusted the regulator to 2 psi after dry hopping. I purged the air inside the fermenter by removing the pressure relief piston and it worked great!
DSC_6107.jpg
I put the pressure relief piston back on and all is well.
DSC_6108.jpg
I am also going to use this fitting to pressurize the fermenter to 2 to 3 psi, to transfer the beer to my kegs when fermentation is complete! Thanks again Bobby_M for making this fitting for me and for the awesome customer service and turnaround! I really appreciate it!

John

That looks AWESOME. I have my keezer right next to my ferminator and when the trub is too compact I need to put a couple pounds of pressure to get it moving. Problem is I have to cut the ball lock fitting off to stick the hose in the stopper. I was looking for a way to somehow get a fitting on the fermentor. Thanks for posting this.

That looks AWESOME. I have my keezer right next to my ferminator and when the trub is too compact I need to put a couple pounds of pressure to get it moving. Problem is I have to cut the ball lock fitting off to stick the hose in the stopper. I was looking for a way to somehow get a fitting on the fermentor. Thanks for posting this.

No problem Sensortech, I'm just glad this helped someone out. I use this fitting every batch now to transfer my beer into the corny kegs. Just give Bobby a call, he'll make you one. This really solved the problem for me and if you get one, you will love it! Cheers! :mug:

John

Sorry to revive an old thread.. but how can I get one of these? Website says out of stock. (1.5" to gas post)

Back