Man, I love my Jenkem...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If we get anymore requests to make cheap hooch, we can send 'em here.

Ingredients are free and the eqiuipment is minimal.

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/10987146.html

I love the ballon airlock.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/jenkem.asp
Snopes pdf
http://67.19.222.106/crime/graphics/jenkem.pdf

Jenkem originated in Africa and other third world countries by fermenting raw sewage to create a gas which is inhaled to achieve a high. Jenkem is now a popular drug in American Schools.
Jenkem is a homemade substance which consists of fecal matter and urine. The fecal matter and urine are placed in a bottle or jar and covered most commonly with a balloon. The container is then placed in a sunny area for several hours or days until fermented. The contents of the container will separate and release a gas, which is captured in the balloon. Inhaling the
gas is said to have a euphoric high similar to ingesting cocaine but with strong hallucinations of times past.
Once ingested the onset of the high takes approximately 10 seconds with the most severe hallucinations happening in approximately 20 minutes. Several articles indicate that the subject immediately passes out after ingesting the gas then regains a magical/hallucinogenic state within seconds of regaining
consciousness. The high has been described by subjects as a feeling of “being out of it” and talking to dead people. The feeling of being “out of it” may last for several hours or days.
All subjects who used the Jenkem disliked the taste of sewage in their mouth and the fact that the taste continued for several days.
Slang terms: Winnie, ****, Runners, Fruit from Crack Pipe, Leroy Jenkems

Nice!

:off: Apparently, it is now illegal in the state of Massachusetts to purchase spray paint, White-Out, or any other substance that could be used for huffing if you're under the age of 18. I was talking to a Home Depot cashier (as I was buying some Rustoleum) about some old man who started yelling at her when she asked him for his DOB to put into the register.... "I don't make enough money to deal with this sh*t!"...

Maybe they'll just start hanging out in the bathrooms, now.

the_bird said:
Nice!

:off: Apparently, it is now illegal in the state of Massachusetts to purchase spray paint, White-Out, or any other substance that could be used for huffing if you're under the age of 18. I was talking to a Home Depot cashier (as I was buying some Rustoleum) about some old man who started yelling at her when she asked him for his DOB to put into the register.... "I don't make enough money to deal with this sh*t!"...

Maybe they'll just start hanging out in the bathrooms, now.

Along that line...yesterday, I had to explain to my wife why we had to take the little sudafed placeholder back to the pharmacist so that they could scan your ID and make you sign a waiver saying you wouldn't do anything illegal with said cold medicine. I explained to her that our wonderful War on Drugs has reduced us all to common-criminals-to-be...and also how the psuedoephedrine regulations have done nothing except move the supply lines from rural america to mexico, where the meth is more potent...leading to more overdoses and deaths. They can kiss my ass if they think they're getting my ID just to buy a box of cold medicine.

ohiobrewtus said:
Nothing like getting high on pee and crap. :drunk:

Hey, brewtus, didn't you say that you were going to send a bottle of your famous Raspberry Jenkem in your swap package? :D

Evan! said:
Hey, brewtus, didn't you say that you were going to send a bottle of your famous Raspberry Jenkem in your swap package? :D

Oh ya, take a bottle of pee and crap, add 2 lbs of raspberries and cap it off with a really stretchy balloon. Good stuff. The raspberries offset the aforementioned poo aftertest very nicely. :drunk:

If my kids ever do stuff like this I will physically harm them. lol

More power to any idiot who is so fixated on getting 4 second rush that they want to huff fermented crap. I wonder if they get a brown line around their face like the colored line the idiots who huff paint get. Hopefully it's deadly, it would be a good way to clean out the gene pool.

Yeah, I know it's documented in other places around the world, but here in the States, it was a goofball that did it online and some Sheriff's dept blew it up as a "kids are doing it everywhere" drug hysteria deal.

I'd agree, I've never heard of it being an issue, like huffing paint or nitrous oxide. However I'm sure it would be viable as far as an inhalant as I'd assume it's just making your own methane.

I find that if you eat a homeless guys week old half smoked cigar that you find in the bottom of a can of Bush, it gets rid of the taste of crap nicely.

Drunkensatyr said:
I find that if you eat a homeless guys week old half smoked cigar that you find in the bottom of a can of Bush, it gets rid of the taste of crap nicely.

LOFL

Of course you could just rinse your mouth with urine.

So if you mix in some vomit could you call it '2 Girls, 1 Cup Jenkem'?

Man this is going downhill faaaaaaaaaaaast. :cross:

Ok first that really is ignorant!

But what really sucks is the news stories that were posted are from about 10 miles south of where I grew up in Florida. that really sucks! Now i have to call my folks (my mom is a school teacher) and ask them about this. If it really is a problem down there I am sure that she would have heard about it.

Cheers

And on behalf of all Floridians I apologize.

brloomis said:
I'm calling bullshiiittt on this one...no pun intended.

I second that.

First, the 'police report' is so much like the 'original' totse post that it was either copied or written by the same poster. Since cop's don't usually troll forums searching for verbiage...

Second, when is the last time you heard a copy say "a euphoric high similar to ingesting cocaine but with strong hallucinations of times past."

wop31 said:
Ok first that really is ignorant!

But what really sucks is the news stories that were posted are from about 10 miles south of where I grew up in Florida. that really sucks! Now i have to call my folks (my mom is a school teacher) and ask them about this. If it really is a problem down there I am sure that she would have heard about it.

Cheers

And on behalf of all Floridians I apologize.

I have never heard of it before and I work in the waste water industry. Collier county is a customer of ours. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they heard any thing. How ever, once it hits the waste collection system all that stuff is comingled with storm and grey water so you wouldnt get that pure jenkam we all are looking for. :rolleyes:
Thats just nasty, there are so many blood born pathogens and parasites in hat crap its not even funny. Plus one of the major byproducts is hydrogen sulfide, nasty stuff will kill you dead if you breath enough. I have a sterling chain and cross necklace and I leaned over a wet well to look at something real quick. I was leaned over for about 5 seconds and that was enough time to tarnish the silver jet black.

I question whether or not "jenkem" is actually manufactured or abused anywhere, let alone poor, undeveloped countries.

Truth is stranger than fiction and all, but what could possibly be outgassed by this stuff? Maybe some CO2, methane, and ammonia. Might as well just fart into a bag and avoid the ammonia.

So would a 1 gallon jug be good for this?

How do I get the feces through the small opening?

Think I could use a drilled stopper and a hose to catch the gas in one of those large foil party balloons so I could always have some on had for friends?

Whats the OG and FG supposed to be?

J/K

You all may laugh at 3rd world Jenkem, but wait until a group of monks start bottom fermenting this in a cave somewhere. That's gonna be some smooth ****.

You know I dont understand. If this was true I would imagine I would be loopy all the damn time. I spent 3 weeks straight working on the automation for a sludge press on sight and not even a buzz.... Im a little disappointed.
Maybe it must be anoxic, I dont know.... I do know an anoxic process makes a ton of methane. but farts are anoxic... Im throwing the BS flag on this one.

I think it's just a ruse to see how many dumbasses you can get to sniff their own ****. A sort of asshat IQ test.

olllllo said:
Yeah thats the same story every one is quoting.

I did find this...
Asphyxiants
Simple asphyxiants are physiologically inert. When present in high concentration, they displace the oxygen in the atmosphere. Victims exposed to them will suffer from lack of oxygen. Carbon dioxide and methane are classic examples of simple asphyxiant.

You can either suck farts, or hold your breath... :)

The BBC report said that it had been used by street kids at least two years prior to the article. That was 1999, so since 1997. That makes this the ten year anniversary of Jenkem!

:ban:

What's so wrong about Jenkem? It's a great party game especially when when you're all drunk and you write truth or dare question on the little blocks. Sucks when all the blocks fall over and knock over your beer though.

Latest posts

Back