[Initial Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does one figure out the login to PHPmyAdmin username and password? Do you recommend using the Rack Cloud version or the downloaded versions? I may be making this overcomplicated since I have zero experience with Linux or code.

If you're on the raspberry pi, your phpmyadmin login is whatever you set as your root mysql password when you installed.

IF you're on a hosted platform you may have to ask your webhost or try the username/password you use to log in to your cpanel.

everything is working upto step 5
I put in disable screen blanking configuration, reboot and now have a screen
It works!
This is the default web page for this server
The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet
I am now locked out, I can not do anything
What now?
Cheers
Paul

Just tested both version 1.0.0 and 1.0.1, and they both indeed autofill over here.

99PV1Fc.png

This is happening to me as well. Initially it was auto populating but now it isn't. It seems to have stopped once I manually edited an OG for a second batch that was slightly different than the batch I entered the initial record for.

Now none of my beers auto populate when I Tap A Keg.

I've cleared the cache, closed and opened Chrome, rebooted and even tried it in Safari and no change.

edit 1: I must mention that I am doing this from a the RP home page over the network on my laptop. I have not tried it directly from RP today but will try that tomorrow but doubt it will make a difference since it was working from my laptop initially.

edit 2: holy cow, it's not even saving them if I enter them in manually....

Help? :D

everything is working upto step 5
I put in disable screen blanking configuration, reboot and now have a screen
It works!
This is the default web page for this server
The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet
I am now locked out, I can not do anything
What now?
Cheers
Paul

You need to delete /var/www/index.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I don't think I am confusing anything. I did everything in those steps. That screen shot you posted, is that supposed to be autopopulated and then allow you to adjust it? Because mine show up all blank and I have to re enter all the data.

Yes, it should be auto-filling.

When I said it was pulling the description, I meant that on the actual final result page I see the description that is obviously being pulled from my beers and not my taps. All the end result info is correct. It is just that the my taps page is not auto populating any information from my beers and I have to re enter all new information.

Which is why I asked if Firefox made a difference.

Firefox shouldn't make a different for the admin panel that I know of, though it does have trouble drawing the SRM images on the frontpage due to a known bug in Firefox itself (ignores z-values for image masks). Maybe the Mozilla Developer Network will fix it someday...

Not sure why u said cool? I was just saying that a lot of users will be updating stuff from a pc, not from the raspberry. Making it work well on the pc is a good idea as well.

I said "cool" because we do all of our development and the vast majority of testing on our Windows boxes, then upload it to the Pi for a final test (or virtualize the test environment with WAMP/XAMPP). As in "cool, that's what we're using too."

I've been trying to reproduce the issue you're having for at least 30 minutes. Working great on Chrome 33.0.1750.117 and Firefox 27.0.1. Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 is having some issues some of our CSS (to be expected -- we didn't code terribly hard for legacy IE support), but everything looks and works fine as far as I can tell.

Tried changing a few variables when adding taps 11, 12, 13. Did a few more after the picture too.

8rd188A.png

What steps were you doing prior to this breaking?

What happens if you try to change any of the settings on the Show/Hide Columns page?

One quick question...do you have to install a previous version and THEN the "Hotfix" or is the "Hotfix" the newest version?

We roll all previous hotfixes into each release. So if you downloaded and installed for the first time yesterday, v1.0.1 (hotfix) would already be included.

Hotfix v1.0.2 released. As before, you can copy the files over your existing files to apply the update.

Notes:

Code:
v1.0.2 (hotfix):
    - Addresses excess vertical spacing introduced in v1.0.1 CSS cleanup.
    - Fixed redirect to the install directory that prevented use on virtual hosts.

Anybody installing RPints for the first time as of this moment will have this hotfix already applied.

Apologies to anybody if I appear snippy. I haven't had the free time I'd like to be able to properly edit my writing for tone before posting; I've typically tended to come across as snarky or rude in writing. I'm typing it with a smile, but of course you have no way of knowing that.

Going through a relatively rigorous training course at the moment that requires minimum 12 hour days, most days 14-16 hours (physical training + in-class coursework + homework + group study + volunteering).

I expect to get 1 day per week off. Today is day 3 of 32. :S

Formal Thank You!! Thanks to all who allowed me and others the ability to have such a cool method of showing off our beverages. Your commitment and generosity is very much appreciated. Thank You!!!!

Yes, it should be auto-filling.

I've been trying to reproduce the issue you're having for at least 30 minutes. Working great on Chrome 33.0.1750.117 and Firefox 27.0.1. Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 is having some issues some of our CSS (to be expected -- we didn't code terribly hard for legacy IE support), but everything looks and works fine as far as I can tell.

Tried changing a few variables when adding taps 11, 12, 13. Did a few more after the picture too.

8rd188A.png

What steps were you doing prior to this breaking?

What happens if you try to change any of the settings on the Show/Hide Columns page?

I rebooted the RP and accessed the panel from the device itself and it's not populating still. I tried hiding and I hiding various columns as well and it makes no difference. It is get frustrating and I will prolly overwrite the files and if that doesn't work, blow it away and start over.

I rebooted the RP and accessed the panel from the device itself and it's not populating still. I tried hiding and I hiding various columns as well and it makes no difference. It is get frustrating and I will prolly overwrite the files and if that doesn't work, blow it away and start over.

Here is the unpopulated page... ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393482150.851101.jpg

fwiw, I bought the recommended hardware set, Amazon plopped it all down two days later, and tonight I brought my wee Pi up! I used a hardwired enet and a 32" 720p teevee for bring up, but I'll be moving to the usb nic and a small flat panel to hang over my keezer once I have everything up and running.

Having damned near forgotten what few *nix skills I ever had, the tender mercies of the interwebs helped me to set up a static ip with preferred dns server addresses, so now our fleet of machines knows who 'rpints' is.

Aaaanyway, using my workstation to work the database I populated the half dozen recipes I have on tap today, then logged all fourteen kegs (whew - keyboard cramps!), then tapped six kegs. Et voila! A tap list was born! :D

Major kudos to the team! I'm sure I'll have questions (mostly around screen size management) but I have plenty to play with already. Very cool!

Cheers! :mug:

first_taplist.jpg

Here is the unpopulated page... View attachment 182429

That is the same screen I see. I don't think I am doing anything different. I added my 3 beers in my beers. I had the sample data in. Deleted all the kegs but 3. Edited the data for my kegs. Removed all beers from on tap. Changed the kegs to clean. Tried to tap a cleaned keg, selected one of my beers, and no data gets populated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Home Brew mobile app

You need to delete /var/www/index.htm

Not being raspberrypi savvy (I follow instructions)
How do I do that?
Do I have to start all over again as the screen is frozen on `It works!` page

Cheers
Paul

Not being raspberrypi savvy (I follow instructions)
How do I do that?
Do I have to start all over again as the screen is frozen on `It works!` page

Cheers
Paul

I had the same issue until I read a few posts back. I think it's ctrl-shift-q that gets you out of that screen. Read back a few pages and you'll find it off I'm wrong. It's not locked up. It's just in full screen browser mode. Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

If you can't change the personalization options, something bigger is going on. Sounds like you have a database permissions problem, to be honest, or you changed your MySQL root username/password without telling RPints the new one.

If you haven't entered many beers, it may be easier to navigate to your.ip.here/install, selecting "Clear Data", doing that page, visiting your.ip.here/install and refreshing, then setting it back up. There's no need to nuke your install. This would nuke your database and config files.

Out of time for today, have to run. Perhaps one of the other devs can step you through checking that.

If you can't change the personalization options, something bigger is going on. Sounds like you have a database permissions problem, to be honest, or you changed your MySQL root username/password without telling RPints the new one.

If you haven't entered many beers, it may be easier to navigate to your.ip.here/install, selecting "Clear Data", doing that page, visiting your.ip.here/install and refreshing, then setting it back up. There's no need to nuke your install. This would nuke your database and config files.

Out of time for today, have to run. Perhaps one of the other devs can step you through checking that.

Thank you for the direction, that is a nifty tidbit but the db username did not change. I can change the column views on and off, I can change the number of taps and other things that are clearly being written to the DB just fine. I did the clear info anyhow and it is still an issue of not populating.

Something is clearly amiss here and I think that I am just going to wipe out the entire thing and start over.

Also in a previous reply I had a asked about why my kegs weren't showing up in the drop down when adding taps and informed me which status' were eligible for tapping. I had it set to serving and that is not one of the eligible ones but in your SAMPLE DATA that gets loaded, ALL the kegs in the tap list are defined as keg #1. When I looked at the keg list, the number 1 keg is defined as SERVING, which is why I went that route. Because you replied, I know what the right ones are but since people may use the sample data as a guide to setting up their own, maybe you could update the sample data to reflect actual configurations.

Thanks again for all the continued support, you guys definitely rock!

You're the first person to say it doesn't auto-populate. It certainly does for us...

I realize I have submitted a silly number of bugs (some that were more wishlist than bug), but I did submit this one =). I just didn't realize that auto populate was the intention, so I complained about reentering the data.

Edit: This is using the latest Chrome to update the Pi remotely from Windows 8.1

So when I entered my beer into the list, the ABV that is displayed on the screen is much different than what I have in BeerSmith. I even punched my numbers into several online calculators and the results I get are consistent with what I was expecting and in BeerSmith.

It almost seems like what is displayed on RP as ABV may actually be ABW?

I did not see any options to display ABW or ABV and the screen clearly states ABV.

Thoughts?

Edit: Nevermind, either my math was wrong, something I did changed the result or after my redeployment of the latest version, it seems to be correct now. Please disregard. :)

Short Version: I cannot gain access to my RaspberryPints Admin page. Assuming my username is "Pi" the password I entered during the configuration process isn't being accepted. How do I get around this, I have tried the recovery button but I am not understanding the process and starting to feel pretty dumb....

Long version:
I cannot log in to my admin page. When I click "Your Logo Here" It takes me to the RaspberryPints Login. I cannot successfully log in.

What is the default user name? Pi? Was I prompted to create a username? When I click Forgot Username, I am prompted to enter my e-mail. I have done so and hit the submit button and the next screen says "You Username Is"
then there is text below that acts as a button and says "Go back To Login"
I tried a blank user name, Pi, pi, and my e-mail but no luck.

When I try to enter a password that might go with any of the above I am entering the one I was was prompted to create as I went through the set up.
When I try the forgotten password button, it prompts me to enter my e-mail and enter a NEW Password. Nothing works: I do not get an e-mail nor does any NEW password I type get me to the admin page.

Do I just need to wipe this install and start fresh?

I realize I have submitted a silly number of bugs (some that were more wishlist than bug), but I did submit this one =). I just didn't realize that auto populate was the intention, so I complained about reentering the data.

Edit: This is using the latest Chrome to update the Pi remotely from Windows 8.1

I've used it remotely from a latest Chrome & Safari on my MAC, a Windows 7 VM and even locally on the RPi and consistently get the same result.

Short Version: I cannot gain access to my RaspberryPints Admin page. Assuming my username is "Pi" the password I entered during the configuration process isn't being accepted. How do I get around this, I have tried the recovery button but I am not understanding the process and starting to feel pretty dumb....

Long version:
I cannot log in to my admin page. When I click "Your Logo Here" It takes me to the RaspberryPints Login. I cannot successfully log in.

What is the default user name? Pi? Was I prompted to create a username? When I click Forgot Username, I am prompted to enter my e-mail. I have done so and hit the submit button and the next screen says "You Username Is"

When I try to enter a password that might go with any of the above I am entering the one I was was prompted to create as I went through the set up.
When I try the forgotten password button, it prompts me to enter my e-mail and enter a NEW Password. Nothing works: I do not get an e-mail nor does any NEW password I type get me to the admin page.

Yes, during the install (of the site, not the server) you should have been directed to a screen where you input the info needed to access mysql, etc.

at that time you also created a username and password for your admin user.

So can I simply re download the the latest version of Raspberry Pi and start over from there or do I need to wipe my Pi and start from scratch because I cannot figure out my username/password combo!

Long version:

When you first run RPints is where you set up your user account. During this period you have to listen when they say it may take a few minutes and then go through the setup procedure where you setup your admin credentials.

I had a problem with the initial setup of my pints, and the following post helped me.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/in...plist-solution-456809/index7.html#post5927896
from the pi
go to localhost/install/index.php and selecting "Clear Data" from the drop down and enter the DB root password

This basically reset raspberry pints setup to recreate the logon for raspberry pints. There are two other passwords you set up, one for the logon to the pi itself (default is u/p pi/raspberry) and the second is the DB pw you setup with the LAMP installation.

So can I simply re download the the latest version of Raspberry Pi and start over from there or do I need to wipe my Pi and start from scratch because I cannot figure out my username/password combo!

Try clearing the DB first. That way you dont have to reinstall anything. You can get into your pi right?

I'm having the same problem as EGeekBMe. When I add a beer to the tap is does not auto populate the screen. The name of the beer shows up but none of the values populate the screen.

This is what I have found:
If I edit a tap and change the name of the beer, the values do not change there either and those values (from the old beer) show up on the main screen.

When tapping a keg for the first time, once I enter the values that did not auto populate and save the beer it will not let me change the values after that. In other words it only lets me enter the values the first time. After that I cannot change them.

If I change the beer by selecting Update Tap Info, it will let me select another beer but the info other than the name does not change and it will NOT let me change the data from the old beer on tap.

In order to get the correct info I have to "Kick the Keg" then Tap Keg. At that point it will let me add the beer and change the data that did not auto populate and save it.

Hope this might help.

I am using the latest version (hot fix #2).

I'm having the same problem as EGeekBMe. When I add a beer to the tap is does not auto populate the screen. The name of the beer shows up but none of the values populate the screen.

This is what I have found:
If I edit a tap and change the name of the beer, the values do not change there either and those values (from the old beer) show up on the main screen.

When tapping a keg for the first time, once I enter the values that did not auto populate and save the beer it will not let me change the values after that. In other words it only lets me enter the values the first time. After that I cannot change them.

If I change the beer by selecting Update Tap Info, it will let me select another beer but the info other than the name does not change and it will NOT let me change the data from the old beer on tap.

In order to get the correct info I have to "Kick the Keg" then Tap Keg. At that point it will let me add the beer and change the data that did not auto populate and save it.

Hope this might help.

I am using the latest version (hot fix #2).

So you were never able to get it to start auto populating again, you just figured a way around it saving what you manually enter, correct?

So you were never able to get it to start auto populating again, you just figured a way around it saving what you manually enter, correct?

That is correct. It saves the info the first time and will not change. I figured out that if I 'kick keg' that will at least allow me to get the correct info in if I'm changing tap info.

I can change personalization options just fine. My taps just don't auto populate.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Home Brew mobile app

That is correct. It saves the info the first time and will not change. I figured out that if I 'kick keg' that will at least allow me to get the correct info in if I'm changing tap info.

So I just downloaded the latest release which I assume has both updates in it and "cleared" the DB and blew away all the original source files. I installed it fresh and it seems to be auto populating the fields in the My Taps menu.

I am not sure what causes this issue but I am certain there's a bug in there somewhere. I will try to be conscious of my steps as I go through populating my info and see if I can pinpoint it.

I started fresh....

When the LAMP Stack is going in, during the package configuration, when the script get to configuring phpmyadmin it asks:

"Configure database for phpmyadmin with dbconfig-common?" y/n

I don't see this covered in the installation information, so is it a YES?

I started fresh....

When the LAMP Stack is going in, during the package configuration, when the script get to configuring phpmyadmin it asks:

Correct, There's no need to have custom config on that so choose YES.

Thanks guys
I still have to play around and figure out why browser bar is still showing, more reading
Cheers
Paul

20140227_171044.jpg

I got it up and running! This software is awesome! Great work Development Team.
I am blown away by how cool this is!

For those of you undertaking this install:
1) I don't reccomend starting at 10:30pm w/ 3-4 pints your belly
2) Carefully check off each step
3) You will succeed.

Now it is time to starting knocking holes in drywall and getting it mounted up permanently.

My first issue stemmed from me downloading the wrong file from github last night. I downloaded RaspberryPints-master.zip. Once I got the current hotfix I was golden.

I started fresh....

Yes. And I probably spent more time mulling this one over than any other part of the installation. Would be a good thing to add to the installation notes...

Cheers!

Also in a previous reply I had a asked about why my kegs weren't showing up in the drop down when adding taps and informed me which status' were eligible for tapping. I had it set to serving and that is not one of the eligible ones but in your SAMPLE DATA that gets loaded, ALL the kegs in the tap list are defined as keg #1. When I looked at the keg list, the number 1 keg is defined as SERVING, which is why I went that route. Because you replied, I know what the right ones are but since people may use the sample data as a guide to setting up their own, maybe you could update the sample data to reflect actual configurations.

Thanks again for all the continued support, you guys definitely rock!

"SERVING" is set to change to "TAPPED" or "ON TAP" in a future release. We might also add "READY TO TAP" or somesuch as well.

However, this requires a database schema update, so we're working on building a system that will allow us to push these updates with minimal user pain.

So when I entered my beer into the list, the ABV that is displayed on the screen is much different than what I have in BeerSmith. I even punched my numbers into several online calculators and the results I get are consistent with what I was expecting and in BeerSmith.

It almost seems like what is displayed on RP as ABV may actually be ABW?

I did not see any options to display ABW or ABV and the screen clearly states ABV.

Thoughts?

Edit: Nevermind, either my math was wrong, something I did changed the result or after my redeployment of the latest version, it seems to be correct now. Please disregard. :)

FWIW, we use Bradley Smith's (programmer of BeerSmith) provided calculation of (OG-FG)*131.

Back