Quantcast

Search results

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

  1. J

    Stopping Fermentation Early (Dilemma/Question)

    Hey folks! I have a small dilemma. I am brewing up a Vanilla Bourbon Stout and my instructions called for a recommended fermentation period of 4 weeks. Today marks the second week. However the dilemma is I am supposed to have it ready for a Christmas party that is on December 5th. That means if...
  2. J

    Question about testing your beer in the Market

    Hmm... that would also mean that I couldn't give it away to people leaving my house or take some bottles or a growler to the thanksgiving/christmas dinner for people and/or myself to enjoy. Of course people do it and it may not be straight black and white legal but I think I'll be alright as...
  3. J

    Question about testing your beer in the Market

    That was one of my main concerns. Our state (Alabama) only legalized home brewing a couple years ago. He told me its a private event I don't know if the loophole would be if the owner of the business chooses to provide alcohol to his guests for free like any other party (because i'll just be...
  4. J

    Question about testing your beer in the Market

    Hi, I've been home brewing for over 5 years now and I've gotten good at crafting a good beer at least to my tastes and friends and family and other people who have tasted my brews have all liked it and I've gotten great feedback. A few weeks ago someone put a bug in my ear that maybe I should...
  5. J

    Came Home To A Little Problem (HELP)

    Just thought I'd give you guys an update. I racked to secondary last night and started my dry hopping process (amarillo hops) The temp is holding steady between 66-68 and I'm getting some steady activity in my carboy. I think it just might be OK. I'm going to leave it in the carboy for 2 1/2...
  6. J

    Came Home To A Little Problem (HELP)

    @JPrather Thanks for your reply. I think I was able to save it by lowering the temperature and maintaining it at 65 - 68. I'll take your advice and leave it in the primary for another couple days. My instructions said for 1 week Primary and 2 weeks secondary but I don't think a extra day or so...
  7. J

    Came Home To A Little Problem (HELP)

    Thanks to everyone for the quick responses it was all good advice. Since I didn't have a blow off tube what I ended up doing was pretty much just leaving it alone in the ice bucket to get the temp back down when after a while it calmed down and got to 65 and it's holding steady right there as of...
  8. J

    Came Home To A Little Problem (HELP)

    Hi, Yesterday I started brewing a Stone Brewing IPA after I got done I let the wort cool naturally and then I put it in the bucket and added 2 Gallons of cold spring water to make 5 Gallons. I tested the temp after it settled and I pitched the yeast at about 72º. I put my top on and tightened...
Top