• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ohio SS Brewtech Chronical and Chilling Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunnry

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 14 gal Chronical, modified to a BME along with the chilling setup that I am selling. It can lager anywhere from 48-52 degrees depending on your ambient temps. I am including all the upgraded hardware on it as well. Parts List:

14g Chronical - $500
Upgraded Stainless Butterfly valves x2 - $100
Racking Arm - $30
Casters - $45
Leg Extensions - $50
Upgraded Domed Lid - $60
3" to 1.5" reducer - $20
Clamps & Gaskets - $20+
FTS Cooling Setup - $275

Aquarium Chiller - $270
Modified Cooler, Bulkheads, Fittings, Hoses, Quick Disconnects: $100+

$1,500+ to buy all this new. I am not parting this out or shipping at this time.

Asking $1000 OBO

Last edited:
Pics:

Conical with jacket, casters, and extensions.

y4mglZfjdvLwZT2W4OOF4xgsXGOv79ZnS7onisWKFK6l_bzGQlbbasI8dMlbipDAQZIAjfghlc-uc7XMTLkCojhpFAh9QHtUsihOOtV6bT19aeSnQ88WY5ckjvVOAJ9p2cmhsScOg0DXVuBMsAJ39fnWFcUyyB_QUB-s4cmed1R4XKd0dIWzwbBCVFnYSmLLOFSHK0ZUFiOEcU59wQZbpT9qQ

Interior coil is mounted low for 5 gal batches too.

y4mYjQFpE83rHvepIpYV-DeUug4rh8KDxKwcIHhooiUz9wvIieWa5QCP8cYKQujUQgmWmKjUPHJHarq_Nfgte3PSqIv6qIG1ARCQTR_GQgx-G2Sl4mS1-vM_e_Zs1eyz1zwp5VCB2iuQfHiPFOqqHaNhBtdvpRcJbHZ_diEY-2Fes-W1CjkWr_9ffeSELRWluGKCejEQzgXb-MlK8KwYo_q1g

Very nice (and $$) stainless butterfly valves, along with elbow, reducer, and racking arm. All clamps and gaskets come too (not pictured).

y4mvYIsvBVlw_q9Vf40j719cK3tJjya9jalnjjDM8dUk_qX-r-jR0N9lBkJlSeg8exKFGiuxusFkgSNDv9oAA8_iqwDA3-zl8ILnZw7D65AfdMGqzh4MFhwZaPOZNFRzIzhiwpnVYHwO78gmwRe3xU6apJDHn9nFloKtj1-NK6KstwXWE39ZsH10i1tUt36x8x7Nc5Dhcdpu4m2EWZKToex8w

1/10 HP Aquarium chiller. Only used for brewing. Includes insulated hoses and quick disconnects. Chills to 48-52 depending on ambient temp.

y4mdCaJUg_XQKQAJRP_u9ZP6JaLW9BguzlTr1fOnyF4_gIsePeRHaF5qG9B_54TcQxT4zu8oalTsGvSfl4PVYcouhtaYql1j9ZRiScm8L9qbcBMvI1CoIkYkSZ0yZMa_CE_VqlyeTZqe79fh7pS_WSFwxHppO5NSHxEJr42byhOBtjE55AvC71yt6D6XQZVMSJK-xU8pGvUVwk-AesoSOhlGw

Modified cooler, notched so cords can go through and lid stays shut. Pump for continual recirculation with chiller. Bulkheads and quick disconnects on each side. Hoses for connection to conical included, but not pictured (same reinforced braided type with male quick disconnects.

y4mMd2wHPdTb1iVTCuvkKhImdotUgltyBkLW0Leb2ql0yQrna0SegtIwZCW6IawBwap7rXdtsNYxi0QIiALv2DlB_65P73SWOHGu4nm1pEOM9jLVYkdvJEpvfi8v5-ddsvu3EX1RhJFniPonsbPnegfC4bgbXCOSMklR_mO-I3CCtEuVz9crKGVAfVGMAckVLDNhZmCnnz-xgmk-GphAQG8OQ

Anything else anyone wants a picture of?

Reason for sale? Chiller work well? Was thinking of going that route

I have outgrown it as I have a glycol chiller now for multiple conicals. I also have another 14g and I am looking at yet another one in different size, so I don't need this one. But, to your question, yes the setup works well. I set the chiller to 45 and it has no problem chilling or lagering. IIRC, the chiller can go lower than 45, but then it runs more often. I don't lager very often, so even 50 water is cool enough to keep ale fermentation under control. It's definitely a lot cheaper than the glycol route, but it most likely can't do multiple conicals (haven't tried, but doubt it could lager two at a time).

One trick I liked with this setup was to whirlpool and chill to only 100 degrees or so and then fill conical. Then, turn on the chiller and it would relatively quickly drop down to fermentation temps and recover. It saved a ton of water for me as getting from 100 to 65 was using 10x as much water as near boiling to 100.

What’s the new price? Would you be willing to part out the chronicle yet?

Did this sell? I also would be looking just for the chronical/parts attached to it. I don’t need the aquarium chiller. Also what is the updated price

I’ll have to pass. Brand new from SS BME is 699$ thank you for quick reply however.

I have also offered to throw in a true sanitary sample valve (unlike the BME ball valve one) as well as the heaters under the sleeve. That's a lot of accessories for 'free' over the cost of the BME.

A few folks have pinged me about this. It's still available. Here's what's included:

14g Chronical - $500
Upgraded Stainless Butterfly valves x2 - $100
Racking Arm - $30
Casters - $45
Leg Extensions - $50
Upgraded Domed Lid - $60
3" to 1.5" reducer - $20
Clamps & Gaskets - $20+
FTS Cooling Setup - $275
Sanitary TC Sample valve (much nicer than standard one) - $40
In sleeve heaters - $25
3" TC CIP Ball - $50

Aquarium Chiller - $270
Modified Cooler, Bulkheads, Fittings, Hoses, Quick Disconnects: $100+
Pump for cooler: $40

That all cost me $1,585+. I am willing to sell the whole thing for $900.

Back