How Many Kegs in your Keezer/Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many kegs in tour kegerator?

Votes: 2 2.7%

Votes: 11 14.9%

Votes: 18 24.3%

Votes: 20 27.0%

Votes: 6 8.1%

Votes: 8 10.8%

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 8+ (this is just insane by the way ... )

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters

LBussy

A Cunning Linguist
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Asking for a friend. :)

How many kegs do you have in your kegerator or keezer? Not how many on tap total, but the number in one keezer/kegerator.

I was thinking folks would want to keep a more "intimate" number since a stout and a continental lager might be best at different temps, but you never know.

If you have multiple kegerators/keezers, you can vote for more than one.

ETA: They should REALLY let us edit the thread title. My OCD is flaring up! :p

Last edited:
Asking for a friend. :)

How many kegs do you have in your kegerator or keezer? Not how many on tap total, but the number in one keezer/kegerator.

I was thinking folks would want to keep a more "intimate" number since a stout and a continental lager might be best at different temps, but you never know.

If you have multiple kegerators/keezers, you can vote for more than one.
16 in the keezer, 2 in the kegerator!
20190829_141150.jpg

I have three currently 5 gallon kegs. I am the only person in my household so that holds me pretty well. I fill growlers to bring to football games, friends over etc. so sometimes they do go pretty fast.

I can fit one more in the well and another on the hump if I ever want to expand/grow

5 in the kegerator (3 taps, can fit 9 kegs if needed-- currently housing lots of my "Cellar" beers), 4 in the caskerator (3 hand pumps for dispense).

Last edited:
I'm not sure what is beyond insane but that is certainly approaching it.
It was a go big or go home moment. Got the chest freezer at a ridiculous steal from a restaurant who was upgrading didnt have the space for them anymore. I could have gone 6-8 taps and had the rest of the space for fridge storage of cans bottles etc, and currently do at the moment. Only have 10 taps open in the keezer.

I know plenty of homebrewers in CT, plus my friends are always thirsty. The glass rinser is probably the biggest conversation starter. Red LEDs illuminated turn blue when you use it.

My tap list so far. Probably do one more christmas apple ale then will get back to brewing after the holidays.

https://taplist.io/taplist-310786

20181230_131417.jpg
20190215_175054.jpg

Can you post a link please? Curious here about that bilge fan as well
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/northwestern-ct-22-3cu-ft-keezer-build.647267/

Read through the whole thing, i did make adjustments to my fan operation. Was going to have a two speed setup, but then opted for a speed controller and magnetic reed switch design. Lid open, led light illumination inside the keezer, lid closed, fan running at desired speed set on controller. Keeps the denser colder air inside the keezer when lid is open. Bilge fan draws air upward, it does not push the air down from the top.

Also pic of the glass rinser in action.

It was a go big or go home moment. Got the chest freezer at a ridiculous steal from a restaurant who was upgrading didnt have the space for them anymore. I could have gone 6-8 taps and had the rest of the space for fridge storage of cans bottles etc, and currently do at the moment. Only have 10 taps open in the keezer.

I know plenty of homebrewers in CT, plus my friends are always thirsty. The glass rinser is probably the biggest conversation starter. Red LEDs illuminated turn blue when you use it.

My tap list so far. Probably do one more christmas apple ale then will get back to brewing after the holidays.

https://taplist.io/taplist-310786

View attachment 652254View attachment 652255

I suddenly feel very inadequate...

Three is fine. One is the loneliest number.

From what I'm seeing, support for at least 8 flow meters (or other measurement means) ought to cover ninety-something percent of users' situations...

Cheers! (...in case folks were wondering...)

I've got three 5 gallon corny kegs in my kegerator. One keg is hooked up to the tower (single faucet) and the other two are served via picnic tap... I'm in the middle of a graduate program so this will have to do until I have more resources to allocate to brewing... it gets the job done.

I try and keep a stout and two IPA's on draft... but between my wife and I we can barely keep up with the IPA's... we go through 5 gallons a month just in IPA's between the two of us... and I don't get to brew as often as I like.

I need to tear down my three-keg kegerator as apparently I can't have that many connections in my gas lines and not have a leak. But, when it's working, I generally have at least one Selzer or S. Pelligrino knock off on tap for the wife. (Yes, you can "make" S. Pelligrino.) I guess the point is I don't judge those picnic taps because you're probably not going through a 20-lb bottle of CO2 in a day. :p

I have a 3-tap kegerator and usually have 3 beers on tap. I could remove the shelves from the door to make room for a 4th keg but 3 seems adequate.

I have 8 kegs (they were cheap, so why not) and a second temp-controlled fridge plus a cold storage room in the basement. So, I have several options for fermenting, cold crashing, cellaring, etc.

At some point in the next few years, when I fully retire, I’ll have to figure it how to downsize all of that into our 1000 sq ft (and no basement) city house, so I’m enjoying the excess capacity while it lasts.

I believe I have room for 8-ish corny kegs in the kegerator but I only have plans for 6 faucets. Since i'm brand new to brewing my own nectar-of-the-gods...I have 1 commercial beer on tap, my first homebrew is carb'ing up now (an Irish red ale), and I've got a winter spice that is finishing fermentation and should be on tap within the next couple weeks.

2 in my small keezer bar. Always a stout and an IPA. I can probably fit a 2.5 or maybe even 2 if I move things around.

It works in our little space and keeps me satisfied.

But good lord 16 kegs!! I have a hard enough time picking something to drink with 2. LOL

Insignia 7.1cuft keezer. Holds 4 kegs, 4 taps, and a co2 tank. I have 3 full size cornys in the bottom, and then a short stubby corny on the hump along with the co2 tank. I keep everything at 38 degrees and it works great. Its been running strong off an inkbird for over a year and a half.

Insignia 7.1cuft keezer. Holds 4 kegs, 4 taps, and a co2 tank. I have 3 full size cornys in the bottom, and then a short stubby corny on the hump along with the co2 tank. I keep everything at 38 degrees and it works great. Its been running strong off an inkbird for over a year and a half.

That's good to hear. I'm about to start my keezer build and where I want to put it, space is limited. I found a Magic Chef at home depot 7.1 for $168.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Magic-Chef-7-0-cu-ft-Chest-Freezer-in-White-HMCF7W3/305468700

That's good to hear. I'm about to start my keezer build and where I want to put it, space is limited. I found a Magic Chef at home depot 7.1 for $168.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Magic-Chef-7-0-cu-ft-Chest-Freezer-in-White-HMCF7W3/305468700

Updating on this, i rearranged my brewing area and slid the keezer under my bar. I had to move from a 2x6 collar to a 2x4, and the 3 cornys still fit fine. The hump however will now only accomodate a 3gallon corny, which is fine, since i typically brew ultra high gravity stouts and IIIPAs in 3 gallon batches on my 5 gallon system

Back