Homebrewing Needs a BMC touch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psylocide

Ippons for Days
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Long time poster. Almost 4 months now. Whoa, where does the time go, eh? But enough about me.

I'm here to talk about a serious issue and it deserves to be given some thought. As a BMC drinker, I've run into certain situations where, when I post a picture of my Busch Light, people will come in and be like, "Gross" or "What are you, poor?" or... they will get even more snarky and add insult to injury by posting a hurtful comment with a picture.

"Oh, I'm drinking the same thing, only it tastes better!"

water-bottle-537x402.jpg

Hnnnnnnnnnnnng!

Well, I'm here to say that the truth of the matter is, it's hurtful. I don't care how you slice it... BMC drinkers are people and should be endowed with the same respect as our craft drinking brethren and sistren.

I know some people are going to find this post "controversial" or perhaps even "inflammatory," but my truth remains.

Undoubtedly, there are scores of men and women on this website who do indulge in BMC, but are afraid to "out" themselves for fear of persecution.

Is this the kind of image we want to portray? I would like to think that HBT is a welcoming and respectful forum and I think maybe, if I can just touch one person with this message, then all will not have been in vain.

It's high time we stopped assuming that all BMC drinkers look like this:

257273d1424220305-what-you-drinking-now-img_2869.jpg

It's like staring at the sun

And start treating them like this:

Your Brother

images

Your Grandma

840b4a44-bf09-48fd-8066-c021eae58b30_560_420.jpg

Your Neighbor

Ron+Perlman.jpg

People

people_resized.jpg

Appreciate the time guys.

I apologize for being such a BMCist. I will try to be better, I never meant to hurt your feelings. Now, if we can just get all those damn women out of the brewhouse and back into the kitchen, am I right?

Preach it, Brother Psylocide.

When I'm at my desk and I'm supposed to be working and I need a nice cold beverage to refresh my parched throat, is it a frilly IPA or a snooty saison that I reach for?

No, it's Coors Light, and it's as cold as Rockies, dammit.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424468277.306329.jpg

Don't judge me! :mad:

Preach it, Brother Psylocide.

When I'm at my desk and I'm supposed to be working and I need a nice cold beverage to refresh my parched throat, is it a frilly IPA or a snooty saison that I reach for?

No, it's Coors Light, and it's as cold as Rockies, dammit.

View attachment 257988

Don't judge me! :mad:

I'm gonna sound like Monica Seles whilst punching you in the berries and possibly the chode.

BMC deserves respect? That clydsdale wizz is deserving of such? And you call the rotten dinosaur farts emanating from that putrefaction aroma??? Do you not recall Billy's face upon drinking a slug of that stuff? One berry punch wasn't enough? :D
OK, I got that outta my system. I drink some cheap beer when I'm down on funds after some big bill paying. Tonight, however, will not be one of those times. I ain't cheap, just retired. But even I have my pride. If you're going cheap, dammit, do it low or go! No Bud, just Old Milwaukee! Go low or blow! :rockin::ban::rockin:

You think that's bad? I'm half redneck & part Apache as well, with a lil Scotch & Irish thrown in just to f*** things up a bit more. But when I go cheap, I try to go all the way!!:rockin:

Hey guys,

Long time poster. Almost 4 months now. Whoa, where does the time go, eh? But enough about me.

I'm here to talk about a serious issue and it deserves to be given some thought. As a BMC drinker, I've run into certain situations where, when I post a picture of my Busch Light, people will come in and be like, "Gross" or "What are you, poor?" or... they will get even more snarky and add insult to injury by posting a hurtful comment with a picture.

"Oh, I'm drinking the same thing, only it tastes better!"

water-bottle-537x402.jpg

Hnnnnnnnnnnnng!

Well, I'm here to say that the truth of the matter is, it's hurtful. I don't care how you slice it... BMC drinkers are people and should be endowed with the same respect as our craft drinking brethren and sistren.

I know some people are going to find this post "controversial" or perhaps even "inflammatory," but my truth remains.

Undoubtedly, there are scores of men and women on this website who do indulge in BMC, but are afraid to "out" themselves for fear of persecution.

Is this the kind of image we want to portray? I would like to think that HBT is a welcoming and respectful forum and I think maybe, if I can just touch one person with this message, then all will not have been in vain.

It's high time we stopped assuming that all BMC drinkers look like this:

257273d1424220305-what-you-drinking-now-img_2869.jpg

It's like staring at the sun

And start treating them like this:

Your Brother

images

Your Grandma

840b4a44-bf09-48fd-8066-c021eae58b30_560_420.jpg

Your Neighbor

Ron+Perlman.jpg

People

people_resized.jpg

Appreciate the time guys.

I actually completely agree with you on this... But christ you sound whiny as hell saying it.

It definitely loses something without the context of the other thread that was running at the time.

Back