Easy DIY Keg cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwing_al

http://www.homebrewmania.com/
Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to share the photos of a keg/carboy cleaner that I made from stuff laying around the house - an old sump pump, plastic tub, a bucket and some PVC.
K7Aqcly.jpg

jdNm1rT.jpg

Some tips: You can innovate however you want, but be sure to use PVC small enough to fit into the hole of a carboy if that is what you need to clean. For the sprayer I simply used a cap for PVC pipe and drilled 5 small holes in the top. Cut holes in the top of the bucket and a larger one in the center to let the sanitizer drain. Cut a decent sized 'mouse hole' to let the liquid drain into the rest of the tub. A pretty simple rig...

It works fantastic and the kegs are spotless. I take the posts and dip tubes out and put them in the tub and let them soak whilst the keg is getting cleaned. What a time saver this has been...

The keg washer is nice, it's great when you can build something from parts that you have lying around.

I've got a question or two about orange collapsible hose. Does it work? All of the reviews I see for collapsible hoses are horrible, and if it does work, where did you get it. Thanks!

The keg washer is nice, it's great when you can build something from parts that you have lying around.

I've got a question or two about orange collapsible hose. Does it work? All of the reviews I see for collapsible hoses are horrible, and if it does work, where did you get it. Thanks!

I think it was from eBay or Amazon. It was inexpensive and it came with that sprayer. Works perfectly for indoor use like I am. It came in several colors. :)

Back