BYO Low Oxygen Brewing Article and Live Q/A

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Monk

Trappist Please! 🍷
Reaction score
We were approached by Brew Your Own magazine to write a feature about Low Oxygen brewing and we accepted. It will be released in the March/April issue in mid February and plan on have a Google Hangout Live Q/A to go along with it.

Details here:

http://www.********************/brewing-methods/save-date-342018/

I have a question with respect to step 3 of the yeast de-oxygenation procedure 1: info box.
For step 3 of the Yeast De-oxygenation It states continue from step 3 of the standard procedure, and that step says add metabisulfite when temp reaches 200F.
Can I assume if you use yeast de-oxygenation then you don't need to go to 200F and you would add metabisulfite after the 1-2 hours or when you reach mash temp?

I have a question with respect to step 3 of the yeast de-oxygenation procedure 1: info box.
For step 3 of the Yeast De-oxygenation It states continue from step 3 of the standard procedure, and that step says add metabisulfite when temp reaches 200F.
Can I assume if you use yeast de-oxygenation then you don't need to go to 200F and you would add metabisulfite after the 1-2 hours or when you reach mash temp?

Yup that’s right. That step in the main procedure wants you to cool to 200 °F because you are coming off boiling. You don’t need to do that with the yeast method.

Just a head up today is the day. 1pm central. We will be streaming to Facebook live on the low oxygen brewing page, and on my YouTube page (the beerery) as well.
Hope to see you there.

Latest posts

Back