New Alternative Keg System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Have you guys seen this yet??? (A Schaefer Fresh Keg) http://www.schaeferkegs.com/

It like a Corny, Sanke & a Party Pig all rolled up into one keg. The bladder system makes it like the pig. Sizes are similar to cornies and the draft attachements look like a sanke.

keg_cut_away.gif

It seems pretty cool. I wonder what the price is like they are suggesting a $100 deposit if you sell them w/ beer.

The have some small poly kegs too

small_poly_kegs.jpg

Hmmm... looks dangerous....this guy looks like he's enjoying it too much.

Carbo-Final.gif

Schlenkerla said:
Hmmm... looks dangerous....this guy looks like he's enjoying it too much.

Carbo-Final.gif

He should just bypass the cup and put the hose directly in his mouth...like Buschguy here;

beerhelmet.jpg

Don't you just love the glazed look in his eyes? :D

Revvy - Wow! You have too many posts for only 4 months.

The guy looks wacked. Should be for drinking Busch Light.

That backpack setup is the most ridiculous thing that I've ever seen....

I want one now!

rh348877 said:
That backpack setup is the most ridiculous thing that I've ever seen....

I want one now!
I have seen these at ball games with beer vendors and have always wanted one of my own.:tank:

One of the local brewpubs uses the keggy system. It's pretty nice (but the beer is mediocre.) Not sure if the setup would be better than a Corny setup for homebrewers, though.

Schlenkerla said:
Nobody here has bought a Shaefer Keg??

I'm sure the setup would work just fine, as that's what it's designed for, but it looks expensive.

I know thw reasaons I prefer cornies: Low cost. widespread availability, and ease of cleaning. Not sure if the Scheafer keg offers any of these.

Schaefer kegs are the best and they don't mind selling to home brewers. I use keggys at home and they are way better than corny kegs. Certainly more professional but you need to know how to proerly clean and sanitize to use them as they do not disassemble easily...corny kegs are good as yeast brinks or if you don't know how or don't want to filter and that's all I use them for. Those guys ship out of Canada or the US which is sweet for me...I got some used 50L kegs for $90 from them awhile back...sweet deal.

Back