My Keezer with a twist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsoto

Reaction score
I want to start by thanking all members from this forum for all the Ideas and information about beer/draft system.

Before I begin, I just to start by saying I'm NEW to the home brewing and just started back in Dec, 2011 and I use the easy HME/UME kits. After reading all the do and don't from experience members, One thing caught my attention. Most would say "The best thing I have done, Is moving to a kegging system" So i said: Heck, I love to homebrew, why wait.

My idea was: I wanted a 4 tap system without the BIG 7+CF and without collar. Also, I wanted to keep the Co2 OUT of the freezer.

So here is my setup/design I came up with. Im using a 5.0cf freezer with 4 kegs (2x 5 gallon and 2x 2.5 gallon) and 20lb Co2 tank that's installed outside the freezer for better keg room. It took me 2 weeks to finish project. Heck I'm not a carpenter or in construction, I had to borrow tools to make this project and my brother's help of course.

I didnt take many pictures, So here is what I have. I hope you enjoy them and inspired you for making your own draft system. Just like the other keezer's builds inspired me.

Happy Brewing :mug:

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0334.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

BLING.. just joking looks really good. I really like the extra room for the tanks, makes alot of sence.

What's the computer fan on the bottom for?

I thought it was going to be hot since freezer is sealed/closed all around.... It's running with freezer only (turns ON only when freezer is running). But there was no need for it. Freezer is well sealed, it goes on maybe once or twice every hour.

Wow - beautiful. Now you got me wondering - I have an old Anheuser wooden case that was my dad's, and I'm looking to build a keezer soon ...

Great idea on the wood crate. If you type "beer crate" in ebay, there are a lot of options if that helps anyone..

Back