Mash Stirrer Build Video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is awesome! I can't wait to build something like this myself, I'm so tired of stirring that mash!

I'd lose the cheap spatulas, though. I'm personally paranoid about imparting chemicals when you heat up plastic or other synthetic materials.

This is awesome! I can't wait to build something like this myself, I'm so tired of stirring that mash!

I'd lose the cheap spatulas, though. I'm personally paranoid about imparting chemicals when you heat up plastic or other synthetic materials.

The spatulas are the first thing that I will replace. However they can't be any worse than a cooler and at least their food grade.

The spatulas are the first thing that I will replace. However they can't be any worse than a cooler and at least their food grade.

I nixed my cooler tun for the same reason... At least make sure they are high temp resistant, if they are they will say. I know from cooking eggs with them back in the day! But from what i have read even things rated as 'safe' aren't totally benign, just 'approved' and when its my homebrew i'm all about purity! ;)

Only petroleum derived product my beer touches is my racking cane and my keggerator beer lines. BUT hot wort is a different story all together than cold beer.

I'm going to probably start a thread bashing plastic coolers here soon, but i know people will probably fight that notion tooth and nail!

I nixed my cooler tun for the same reason... At least make sure they are high temp resistant, if they are they will say. I know from cooking eggs with them back in the day! But from what i have read even things rated as 'safe' aren't totally benign, just 'approved' and when its my homebrew i'm all about purity! ;)

Only petroleum derived product my beer touches is my racking cane and my keggerator beer lines. BUT hot wort is a different story all together than cold beer.

I'm going to probably start a thread bashing plastic coolers here soon, but i know people will probably fight that notion tooth and nail!

Please post some more facts because I'm interested.

I'm attempting to create my own mash stirrer from a Rival ice cream motor. I'm looking for suggestions on how to attach the keg stem. I don't see any immediately easy way to do it.

Latest posts

Back