Keezer and a Carrier (beer tote)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylormade

Reaction score
Thought I'd share a few of my beer related projects.

The keezer is an 11CF commercial beast I picked up from a Dippin' Dots that was going out of business for $50.

54B4BD9F-6FC4-423D-9EC9-2D7A18F3647D_zpssel0dx97.jpg

null_zps56854eeb.jpg

The tote I made out of recycled wine crates that I've had stacked in my shop for years.

A3BC4D8E-D2BB-4B8A-890D-BA1381CD6BA4_zps6evw32xp.jpg

901F11C7-9E32-45BF-A1B4-139878938098_zps1luphea4.jpg

B07D086D-6552-4817-B32F-6A3234FD6BFB_zpsuoucp9tw.jpg

And of course, for all this beer, we're going to need some coasters! These were made with a bunch of scrap wood I had laying around.

79BD34E7-F39C-4720-AB3E-DA9F8525281F_zpswmhp8iwr.jpg

6145B6A4-BC09-4094-A418-CA43C7532CA6_zpsq4my223v.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Great work! Would you please share the dimensions of the carrier for the HBT members?

I kind of threw it together so I didn't do a whole lot of measuring, but I believe it's around 8.5 x 6.25 or so. I got five orders last night for the totes after delivering this one, so I'll take pics along the way and update this thread.

Thanks for the kind words!

Completely forgot to add my bottle openers! There's a rare earth magnet that will hold the cap to the bottom when opening your favorite (home) brew and, if you have a favorite bottle cap, you can display it on top. The same magnet holds it in place.

fad5cf74.jpg

34beb264.jpg

9683451d.jpg

Do you make your bottle opener hardware?

I don't make my own steel plates, but a buddy of mine does and sends them to me. A pair of pan head screws do the job fine, just not as flashy.

I'm an IT guy so I enjoy being able to actually see things I create in my personal life (like wood and beer!)

I saw the carrier over on woodworkingtalk yesterday. Nice job. Only thing you're missing is one of those screw on bottle cap openers on the side of the carrier! ;) Like one of these:

misc_bottleOpener.jpg

I saw the carrier over on woodworkingtalk yesterday. Nice job. Only thing you're missing is one of those screw on bottle cap openers on the side of the carrier! ;) Like one of these:

Yeah, I was actually going to add one, but ran out of time and didn't get to the store to buy it. The next one I build will have a custom opener with wood and a metal washer and box joints. I'll be sure to post it up.

Yeah, I was actually going to add one, but ran out of time and didn't get to the store to buy it. The next one I build will have a custom opener with wood and a metal washer and box joints. I'll be sure to post it up.

I was looking at the design and already trying to figure out a way to swap out the 12 oz divider for a 22oz divider, but make it so they are inter changeable and not permanently installed. Swap it out depending on what bottle you are taking with you.

I was looking at the design and already trying to figure out a way to swap out the 12 oz divider for a 22oz divider, but make it so they are inter changeable and not permanently installed. Swap it out depending on what bottle you are taking with you.

Yeah, absolutely you can. You'd just have to change the hole based design for a grid or tic tac toe type design instead. Build two: one for six packs and the other for four. You'd have two dado slots in the ends that would hold the horizontal (long) board in place.

The next box, I'll do just that. It may be a few weeks as I have to build an entertainment center for a friend first.

Back