Building my keggle set up with welded tri clover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
So I finally found some kegs after calling every place that I thought would have them. I am going to build a brew kettle, MLT and HLT with all tri clover design.

I have been researching tri clover welded fittings and I am a little confused on what I need for each vessel.

For the ferrules, do I get http://www.brewershardware.com/1-Tri-Clover-Ferrule-Long.html or http://www.brewershardware.com/1.5-Tri-Clover-Ferrule-Long.html. Or does it depend on what the fitting it is for (i.e. ball valve or sight gauge).

I want to get everything drawn up and figured out before buying fittings, clamps and other accessories (i.e. gauge and thermometer) and before getting the holes drilled and ferrules welded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys!!! :mug:

Joe

Yeah lol actually not from the brewery. I found a metal scrap yard that has a bunch. The brewery is still looking into it. I guess they just cleaned and brought all the damaged ones to the junkyard a week or so ago.

Now onto getting fittings.

Myself I use all Tri fitting but when it comes to the keggles I have couplers tig welded and than go to the tri fittings. Easier to have welded and plug if you change your mind.

I use fitting built by the Swagman in male,female and hose fittings.

Myself I use all Tri fitting but when it comes to the keggles I have couplers tig welded and than go to the tri fittings. Easier to have welded and plug if you change your mind.

I use fitting's built by the Swagman in male,female and hose fittings.

Woodie

What size fittings do you use? It seems like 1" is the most common for homebrewing. Sabco uses 1/2" which seems to be on the smaller side and harder to find.

What about thermometer and sight gauge? Do you use a tri clover fitting for those too? And what size, as those I would assume don't need to be 1".

What size fittings do you use? It seems like 1" is the most common for homebrewing. Sabco uses 1/2" which seems to be on the smaller side and harder to find.

What about thermometer and sight gauge? Do you use a tri clover fitting for those too? And what size, as those I would assume don't need to be 1".

1/2 inch in my dealing is most used. Thermometer is 1/2 and sight glass 1/4 coupler. Tri on the thermometer none on the sight glass but it could be.

One thing about the couplers is it give you the option of having threaded coupler inside for pick up tubes. The swagman tri's are 1 1/2 cap with 1/2 coupler or 1/2 male and 1/2 hose.

woodie

Back