Brewery logo help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conpewter

Reaction score
Well I am in no way an artist, not even good with photoshop, would anyone want to take a crack at helping me with a logo?

I've decided my brewery will be the 2nd Amendment Brewery, or perhaps 2nd Amendment Brewing Co.

I'm really open to any ideas for the logo, the constitution and rifles are good starting points I'd think. I appreciate any thoughts/designs!

Oh and some other stuff that might work it's way in. My last name is Bumpus, my great great....great grandfather came across from England on the Good Ship Fortune, the 2nd boat after the Mayflower. I believe he was Edward Bumpas http://www.geocities.com/houghtonnance/BUMPASSFamily.htm so been in this country a while.

I enjoy hunting/woodworking/motorcycles and I'm one of those jack of all trades people.

Thanks! My wife really didn't like the name, so I will put this on hold for a bit, it will still have to do with firearms in some way I'm thinking. "Old musket brewery" or something...

BK I like the concept, the name doesn't ring with me though,

MckBrew: so true.... SWMBO... j/k she just didn't like how it sounded, and I agreed with her after actually thinking about it.

Anyway I have thought of "Bumpus Brew" before, and may end up with it, but the logo still escapes me (I have a crappily made one in my gallery)

I kind of like "Bumpus Brewery and house of ill repute" but yet again my wife doesn't like that one for some reason... I don't know why.

What, no V's?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici Ales

Logo could be based off of 5 V's - the symbolism persists, as 5=V in Roman numerals... V V's.

Or, Fearful Government Brewing Co.

Or, Fifth Brewing.

Well truly I do love V for Vendetta, an awesome movie, thus my avatar. But as you can tell my underlying love for it is my absolute belief that we as a people need to protect our rights and not allow our government to become a tyranny.

I like Blunderbuss brewing co. also Fearful Government Brewing would work. I love all these ideas.

Also leaning toward "Alehouse" perhaps

Well truly I do love V for Vendetta, an awesome movie, thus my avatar. But as you can tell my underlying love for it is my absolute belief that we as a people need to protect our rights and not allow our government to become a tyranny.

Yep - I recognize it's more than just the movie, that's why I was trying to pull the ideological aspects of it into the name.

I kind of like "We, The People Alehouse"

What about Bare Arms Brewing or Bear Arms Brewing? A bit of a twist, but you could cement the meaning based on your logo, unless it's a bear with a musket, then all bets are off!

bear arms nice!
1_the_right_to_bear_arms.jpg

How about "militia brewing" or a play on that?

"Revolutionary Brewhouse"

Latin it up with: "Arma Ferre Brewhouse" or Arma Ferre Domus

You all are so great, thank you for all the suggestions. I really like

Cold Dead Hands Brewery

could use CDH Brewery in small logos, gives me a lot of flexibility in my labels
Heston was the president and spokesman of the NRA from 1998 until he resigned in 2003. At the 2000 NRA convention, he raised a rifle over his head and declared that a potential Al Gore administration would take away his Second Amendment rights "from my cold, dead hands."[32] In announcing his resignation in 2003, he again raised a rifle over his head, repeating the five famous words of his 2000 speech.[33] He was an honorary life member.[33]

Could be used for other things as well, beer etc. Awesome help everyone... now... I just need my logo, and order the kit from EZScreenPrint

to screen print it on shirts, and etch it on the carboys, glasses etc. Awesome

"Cold Dead Hands" brewing's RIS could be called "Massive Recoil Stout", the smoked porter "Smoking Barrel Porter". Love those for beer names!

"Over My Dead Pale Ale" could also work.
"Revolution Rye IPA".
"Minuteman Munich Lager"
"Don't Tread On Me Tripel"
"No Pale-ation without Representation"
this is a lot of fun!!!!

Great theme, A+!

Cold Dead Hands Brewery logo could be as simple as a skeleton fist. Personally I like logos to take a small part of the label....

What, no V's?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici Ales

Logo could be based off of 5 V's - the symbolism persists, as 5=V in Roman numerals... V V's.

Or, Fearful Government Brewing Co.

Or, Fifth Brewing.

Er, I thought the Roman "V"s are actually "U"s, hence "W" (or "V V") is called a "Double U"...;):D

How about for the "Bear Arms" theme have a picture of a large armed arm-wrestler and call it "The Right to Bare Arms"?

Cold Dead Hands Brewery logo could be as simple as a skeleton fist. Personally I like logos to take a small part of the label....

I agree, I actually want a fairly simple logo that will be easy to stencil onto things, I want to glass-etch my carboys and I have found some screen printing inks that say they will work on glass, so I'm seeing some custom made pint glasses in the future too.

Labels will happen eventually, just need to get some good brews under my belt and make some really tasty ones for Christmas next year.

So Cold Dead Hands Brewery has it, thanks for all the suggestions!

I'm not a label sort of person, and I'm not even sure I want a picture of a hand in the label. A stylized CDH would work, maybe something with a picture/drawing of the consitituion, or "We the people" sort of thing in it. Anyway here's a seal I whipped up quick, amusing hand but eh...

seal3.gif

Edit: I am thinking of simply Cold Hands Brewery & Alehouse Then have the logo be a snow covered mountain with a pioneer/explorer in the foreground holding his musket. I'll still be doing American History labels (founding fathers etc.) I think.

Back