FAQ - please read BEFORE asking a question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pistolero

Reaction score
Have you found the HBT WIKI ?

These are the FAQs for beginning home brewers. If you'd like to submit a FAQ for inclusion, post the FAQ as a new thread in this forum, then PM a moderator or reply to this post with the link and we'll include it here.

Is there any threads a new brewer should read? YESNon brewing related.
How to Use the Forum - How to do things! (including posting images)

General QuestionsWhere can I find any terminology that I may needHave you found the HBT WIKI ?

Just based on my new-to-homebrew experiences, it would be nice to see a FAQ post about cleansers in addition to sanitisers (pros/cons and tips for oxyclean, dish soap, etc). I don't think I know enough to put that together, but if someone else does it would be helpful.

Hi, I am looking to launch a hard seltzer brand - however, instead of making it through the fermentation process, I would like to make it by blending carbonated water to clear alcohol.. can you'll pls tell me about the advantages or disadvantages of this methodology? Why do most seltzer brands in the U.S. brew vs. blend? Is it taxation related? Would the taste/ flavor be the same for both of these methods?

Back