Broken Faucet Lever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradsul

Flyfisherman/brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy wanted a pint of my stout which I haven't had in a couple days (I have a new IPA on tap so it's been taking my attention :D). So naturally my faucet was sticking so I told him just to pull a little bit harder and it always comes loose. Well it certainly did this time! The metal lever broke right off!

broken_faucet_handle.jpg

I know I can order replacements of these so I guess this isn't a totally uncommon problem but has anybody else had this happen? Even though they're really cheap I'm not going to order a replacement though, time for some Perlicks! I'm just glad it broke with the faucet still closed!

That happened at a bar I used to go to. The bartender was pouring me a pint of Mac and Jack and the handle broke off with the beer running. About a dozen of us volunteered to jump across the bar and catch it for her, but she decided to just use pitchers until her bar back could run and shut it off. I don't see why she should bother her bar back. We could've handled the flow until the keg was empty if we took it in short shifts. :D

She did sell off the pitchers at half price though.

I'm dying for some Perlicks but I decided my budget can't handle the expense right now. :( So I picked up the $1.70 replacement lever at lunch today.

At least my beer will get flowing again but I do so much want those faucets. :D

This has happened to me too - pretty darn annoying...especially when you're thirsty and don't have a spare on hand.

Back