Ex almost killed yesterday.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthenurse

Fecal Transplant Super Donor
Reaction score
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah
My ex-wife started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started and she got her license shortly before our divorce was final, later that same year.

Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call, that she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft she was piloting. Seems she was forced to make an emergency landing in Hamilton because of bad weather. Thank God the kids weren't with her.

The Transportation Safety Board of Canada has issued a preliminary report, citing pilot error: She was flying a single engine aircraft in IFR (instrument flight rating) conditions while only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rating) rating.

The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on board. No one on the ground was injured.

The TSB is currently examining her broom to see if there were any extenuating mechanical issues.

img46598d9a99d5c.jpg

PTN

Wow! :eek: Hamilton is not a easy place to land, either, the darn city's built on both top & bottom of a big ol' cliff! At least its, um... a nice city to visit?

Glad nobody was harmed.

The TSB is currently examining her broom to see if there were any extenuating mechanical issues.PTN

That hints of dis-appointment. Is she really that bad?

All the same, yes, thank god the children weren't with her. Even still, her actions sound irresposible (even tho I have no clue what the ratings mean).

hehe nice joke though.....On a serious note, I SERIOUSLY wished my first wife would die in whatever fashion was necessary. I'm not joking. I wished she would just curl up and die. I'm not a bad person, I just hoped she would die.....every single day I hoped she would die. It's not like I hated her that much. I just wanted her to die. I'm honestly a decent person, but my first wife was seriously lacking in the dying department. Man, how I wished she would just die.

Anyway, I eventually discovered divorce! Her death was no longer necessary for my future happiness, but honestly, it would still help.

hehe nice joke though.....On a serious note, I SERIOUSLY wished my first wife would die in whatever fashion was necessary. I'm not joking. I wished she would just curl up and die. I'm not a bad person, I just hoped she would die. It's not like I hated her that much. I just wanted her to die. I'm honestly a decent person, but my first wife was seriously lacking in the dying department. Man, how I wished she would just die.

Anyway, I eventually discovered divorce! Her death was no longer necessary for my future happiness, but honestly, it would still help.

You miss her a lot don't you?

Missed her with the rifle, the arrow, the RPG,......

"He doesn't like these CANS! Get away from the cans."

I feel for ya Gnome. My ex is seriously lacking in the Dying Department too. It's a good thing I'm inherently lazy or I'd at least go down and get the forms for her to fill out, or something.

hehe nice joke though.....On a serious note, I SERIOUSLY wished my first wife would die in whatever fashion was necessary. I'm not joking. I wished she would just curl up and die. I'm not a bad person, I just hoped she would die.....every single day I hoped she would die. It's not like I hated her that much. I just wanted her to die. I'm honestly a decent person, but my first wife was seriously lacking in the dying department. Man, how I wished she would just die.

Tell us how you really feel! (hehehehe) :ban:

Salute! :mug:

PTN: Glad she made it down safely In reality, landing any aircraft is really a controlled crash.

Salute! :mug:

PS: Guess you never made the "Mile High Club", huh? (ahhh! sic humor, I guess)

I'm honestly a decent person, but my first wife was seriously lacking in the dying department.

About here I started laughing uncontrollably, almost spitting hot coffee all over myself, and my dog looked up at me.

All jokes aside, I wish she is well. Taking risks is OK, as long as you have the skills, sounds like VFR vs IFR is quite a different skill competency level.

In reality, landing any aircraft is really a controlled crash.
That's like saying, "braking behind slower traffic is really a controlled crash." I think you really mean one of the following cliché phrases:

There are only good landings. Bad landings are called crashes.

The difference between a landing and a crash: after a landing, you can use the aircraft again.

PTN - assuming there was some truth to the joke's setup, glad she's safe. There are a TON of mishap reports that begin with similar phraseology and end with "fatal."

a 55 gallon steel drum and about 6 bags of quick set concrete would keep her quiet.;)

Not my idea- hunters in NJ found that setup in the woods.

On a serious note, I SERIOUSLY wished my first wife would die in whatever fashion was necessary. I'm not joking. I wished she would just curl up and die. I'm not a bad person, I just hoped she would die.....every single day I hoped she would die. It's not like I hated her that much. I just wanted her to die. I'm honestly a decent person, but my first wife was seriously lacking in the dying department. Man, how I wished she would just die.

Geez man, don't sugar-coat it! Tell us how you really feel about her.

Shoulda made her one of your custom kayaks.
cof_vampire_coffin_box_lg.jpg

Geez man, don't sugar-coat it! Tell us how you really feel about her.

Shoulda made her one of your custom kayaks.
cof_vampire_coffin_box_lg.jpg

Hey I wasn't the one who was wishing an untimely demise on the former Mrs Nurse, that was Gnomey. He has to get his own dirt condo for those he cares about, my yak's are for the living. :D

PTN

A female pilot? I thought they were only allowed to be flight attendants? That is the problem... wasnt her fault ;)

Latest posts

Back