Dishwashing music (DEATH METAL WOES)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
Somehow, deathmetal that pairs so well with mindless blasting of ZOMBIES, (yes I am blessed with a semi controlled ranch where the undead roam and make semi-unintelligent ambushes, all too pleasing to take care of at a full run with a shotgun;)) is not so pleasing with DOING THE DISHES!!!

Is all deaTH METAL just heavy guitar riffs and semi-retarded unintelligeable lyrics?

Cannibal Corpse and...(dammit..singers of BOIL the corpse) suck in real life.

What is the best death metal mixed with heavy bass and "pop" mixed innovation? I can't take the cannibal corpse repetition even when mindlessly doing dishes.

Do I need to go back to making music to fill this nieche?

DEATH METAL HEEEEEEEELP!!!!

I wouldnt call it death metal but its good hard music and each of their songs are diffrent then the next Five Finger Death Punch or the lead singers old band Motograder

Mastodon is always a great option. I was never a metal head but a good friend in NYC sparked my interest in a small portion of the genre. I prefer the more melodic that has symphonic undertones.

Yeah, I am a real music lover, I don't like just "NOISE".I played a simple online game one time where you just run along blasting zombies with a shotgun to songs like "Boil the corpse".

It fit amazingly well, and gave me just a taste.

For mindless tasks I HATE (like dishes) It would be great to have something mindless.....but not quite as mindless as that song is.

Unintelligeable...ok, repititous as hell? FORGET IT.

A good mesh of death metal and electronics is needed.....kind of a new Nine inch Nails.

...........................hmmmm...

I've been a big fan of Six Feet Under. Not sure if they fit the definition of Death Metal but I like that I can actually understand most of what he's saying. I like the covers they do, too.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EzPZm4H2HZk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fmeud9vEmoc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A favorite metal band of mine is august burns red. More appropriately classified as mathcore, it involves intricate, complex rhythms, time signatures and tempo changes that keeps it interesting to listen to. Standard cookie monster vocals apply

A favorite metal band of mine is august burns red. More appropriately classified as mathcore, it involves intricate, complex rhythms, time signatures and tempo changes that keeps it interesting to listen to. Standard cookie monster vocals apply

They're disgusting. Favorite of mine is 'White Washed' off of the newest album. The breakdown at the end can kill fuzzy animals instantly, and the guitar tone can take paint off of walls (that's what using Adam D's $6000 Framus will do for you!). I love it. I've seen them at the Chameleon a couple of times, the pits are always excellent.

Whenever someone needs some metal in their lives, I recommend Killswitch Engage. Heavy enough that a purist can listen to them, but accessible enough the average person doesn't need to leave the room. My favorite album of theirs is "The End of Heartache." Every song is amazing, especially 'Rose of Sharyn' and 'Take This Oath.' All four of their albums are great, though, especially the newer three, with Howard on vocals. Howard Jones is the only black dude in metal I know of (except the drummer for Pig Destroyer), and he's about 6'3", 260, and has a scream that goes on and on forever.

So there. Look up August Burns Red and Killswitch Engage. New metal that is plenty heavy, and is quite accessible and listenable.

SkinnyShamrock said:
They're disgusting. Favorite of mine is 'White Washed' off of the newest album. The breakdown at the end can kill fuzzy animals instantly, and the guitar tone can take paint off of walls (that's what using Adam D's $6000 Framus will do for you!). I love it. I've seen them at the Chameleon a couple of times, the pits are always excellent.

Whenever someone needs some metal in their lives, I recommend Killswitch Engage. Heavy enough that a purist can listen to them, but accessible enough the average person doesn't need to leave the room. My favorite album of theirs is "The End of Heartache." Every song is amazing, especially 'Rose of Sharyn' and 'Take This Oath.' All four of their albums are great, though, especially the newer three, with Howard on vocals. Howard Jones is the only black dude in metal I know of (except the drummer for Pig Destroyer), and he's about 6'3", 260, and has a scream that goes on and on forever.

So there. Look up August Burns Red and Killswitch Engage. New metal that is plenty heavy, and is quite accessible and listenable.

White washed is an awesome song, most of abr'a are.

I saw them two years ago at the chameleon, their Christmas show. Headlined for Texas in July, this or the apocalypse, and some other band.

Side note: I went to high school with grant McFarland, drummer for ToTA. He played cello, I played violin in the school orchestra,

Cannibal Corpse and...(dammit..singers of BOIL the corpse) suck in real life.

Uh no. You sir are incorrect. Cannibal Corpse are Gods of Death Carnage.

What is the best death metal mixed with heavy bass and "pop" mixed innovation?

>.< please just stop - go watch VH1 or something and leave death metal alone to those who can appreciate it properly

just can't get into the death thing - hell I can't understand what the eff they're saying half the time. I prefere some nice easy listening mellow rock like testement, slipknot, hatebreed, sepeltura, machine head, slayer - you know, mellow stuff for us old folks..

Not bad, thanks! I am digging the Genghis TRON.

spareparts, I will check that out.

Uh no. You sir are incorrect. Cannibal Corpse are Gods of Death Carnage.

And while it is OK for Zombie slaying, they are too monotonous and 1 dimensional.

>.< please just stop - go watch VH1 or something and leave death metal alone to those who can appreciate it properly

Ummm,........Yeah, anybody who resorts to childish unintelligent put downs when someone expresses an interest in one of you obvious loves, is a sad, sad person indeed. Do you poop on people who express interest in homebrewing? Sorry if I insulted your death and feces sensibilities.

OH!!! So they play Genghis TRON on VH1??? then you are right! I need to check that out!

THANKS MEATY!!!!!!!!

The "Genghis Tron" station on PANDORA is AWESOME!!!!!!

Horse the band and a couple of others have fit the bill too.

IP: remember the zombie flash game somebody posted on THP around Halloween 2 years ago? Iggy took over claiming no one could beat him at it. That is what started all of this.;)

THANKS MEATY!!!!!!!!

The "Genghis Tron" station on PANDORA is AWESOME!!!!!!

Horse the band and a couple of others have fit the bill too.

IP: remember the zombie flash game somebody posted on THP around Halloween 2 years ago? Iggy took over claiming no one could beat him at it. That is what started all of this.;)

You're welcome, man. :mug:

On another note, check out Dead Horse if you haven't already. Nothing like Genghis Tron but it's a different vibe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Born of Osiris and The Absence I have been listening to alot lately. The Absence is pretty metal, while Born of Osiris is Metal with some keys thrown into it.

Oh, and to the guy who called August Burns Red "Mathcore". I have heard a million insertsubsubgenrehere-cores. It's Metalcore, if you must put it in a sub genre.

After reading "Mathcore" , I almost died laughing. I visualized guys up on stage playing metal, just like ABR does, but instead of lyrics they just scream mathematical equations. Lawl

ABR is pretty awesome though.

Mathcore is Don Caballero or maybe even Shellac on some tracks.

Early Don:

Later Don:

Shellac:

My old band, Striking Irwin sounds a lot like Don Caballero now that I think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
man this takes me back to the 80s. there was no such thing as to hard back then i used to listen to a group called sacrifice that was pretty hard. i wrote a letter to MTV telling them they had no idea what metal was. looking back im sure that there is some kinda law about putting king diamond and slayer videos on the head bangers ball.

Back