What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
..Stone Ruination. Good stuff.

Before that I had the last one of the 3 bottles of Chimay I got in that sampler pack. The Blue one. Wow. Smooth for all that alcohol. I'll bet that one would have been so much better aged. I liked it, btu the white was BY FAR my favorite of the 3. No contest. Ever since I had that white one, I've been trying to find a recipe similar to it so I can brew it this summer. That was outstanding.

Breckenridge American Hefe Proper. Right before that Pyramid's Hefe Weizen. IMHO the Breck wins. (altho, now that I think about it it probably wasn't a fair comparison) Regardless, I'm 2 for 2 with Breckenridge. (Did you get to try that Vanilla Porter yet Dude?)

Thanks for the heads up on the Chimay... I may go it in reverse order and save the White for last! :drunk:

Ize

Ize said:
Breckenridge American Hefe Proper. Right before that Pyramid's Hefe Weizen. IMHO the Breck wins. (altho, now that I think about it it probably wasn't a fair comparison) Regardless, I'm 2 for 2 with Breckenridge. (Did you get to try that Vanilla Porter yet Dude?)

Thanks for the heads up on the Chimay... I may go it in reverse order and save the White for last! :drunk:

Ize

No....I need to arrange a beer swap with some of you guys!

I liked the hefe proper....I could find that here at least...

my honey ale and I have discovered that I have achieved a very light beer. Not a whole lot of hop character or malt profile. My wife likes it a lot so it is a success. I carbonated it much higher than all my other brews and it is kinda cool watching the bubbles rise.
OK it is a success but something I won't be drinking on a regular basis. I made my wife happy and that was it's intended purpose anyway.
I will have to try an ice cold one after mowing the lawn however. :mug:
Only problem I have now is that the honey ale is the only home brew I've got that is drinkable.:(

EDIT: I better throw that IHA into the fridge and carbonate it soon!

Moylan's Hopsickle. I need to do a side-by-side of this one and Moylan's Double IPA. They are both of Imperial strength, and both highly hopped. I think the Hopsickle is a little more malty sweet, while the IIPA is in your face hops. If I tasted it by itself, I would say it's an IIPA, but on the label it only says " Imperial Ale." Maybe it's in a grey area between Imperial Pale Ale and Imperial IPA? Who cares! It tastes good!:rockin::rockin::rockin:

Avery New World Porter. trying to broaden my horizons a bit so I took a chance on Avery since I've heard good things about them. A nice toasted flavor to it, not too bad for a porter! After reading the label I found out it's dry hopped. Anyone know what kind of hops they use?

Now I'm washing it down with a SN Bigfoot Ale. Mmmmm....lightheaded.

A bottle of North Coast Old Rasputin Imperial Stout. It's great. Roasty, but not too bitter, enough hops to balance it out, and alcohol to warm it up. After all this moving crap it's really getting me relaxed :). My clone from Beer Captured is pretty close, not as high in ABV due to not enough sparging and a little less on the roasty side. Maybe another ounce of roasted barley would do the trick.

Dude said:
Oh man....brew #2 tonight is a bomber of Legend Imperial IPA. Good God...when this brewery does a beer right, it rocks. This one is in my all time top 10.

I'm getting big time aroma from this beer. I get the obvious citrus, but pear and even a hint of something like currant or blackberry. Pretty cool.

I love this beer.

Onescalerguy said:
Drinking..er sampling my very own very first brew.A trad. wheat(extract kit) thats only 25 days old but it is mighty good.Somewhat of a proud papa type of feeling.
Go Steelers!:mug:

congrats on your first brew :mug:

cowboy fan here, but i need the steelers to win to take the $140 in the work pool. :rockin:

Trying to forget this sh#%%y day....

Just finished a Coopers Dark Ale. Good Beer. Right before that, SN Porter... hated it... I love Porter, hated this. Didn't like the hopiness. Oh well. Blue Ridge Subliminator Dopplebock is on deck...

Baron von BeeGee said:
I'm drinking everything that's not tied down. MIL arrived last Wednesday and is redoing the house.

Sorry for the pain BG.... been there. Drink man, drink. :tank:

Ize

Dude said:
Oh yeah!

HOWEVER--the last Arrogant Bastard I had--it was terrible. I'm hoping it was just an old or bad beer. I fthey changed the recipe, I'm seriously bummed.

I'm afraid to buy it again.

You know what's even better?

SWMBO loves it, too.

She's coming along for the ride to Hopheadistein with me...

Walker-san said:
Right now I'm drinking a Titch's Wit, but what's important is that this is the first beer I've had outside of a social/meal situation in almost 1 month.

GUYS! I'M OFF THE WAGON AGAIN! WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

:mug:

Right on Walker! :rockin:

Ize

Walker-san said:
That reminds me... can you bring me a 6er of that when you come down? I'll trade you a 6er of Gaelic Ale.

-walker

I planned on hitting a liquor store down there when we come down there for some local brews. That was one of them.

I'll see if I can find some Hop Rod Rye--it is like gold. I'll save this last bottle I have right now if I can't find it. At least you can try it.

Congrats on being able to drink again. I'm enjoying a nice buzz tonight.

Cheesefood said:
Right now I'm putting down a SNPA, and thinking that I'd like to get Dude's advise on turning his SNPA clone into an SN Double PA to brew as my first AG.

I have an SNCA clone--not a SNPA clone. It wouldn't be hard to find one on this site though. Ask Bjorn Borg/Ivan Lendl, he has a good one. ;) :p

My Dumb Blonde. Mighty tasty. I used Mt. Hood and Hallertau for flavor and aroma. It has a hint of orange to the aroma, and just a little spicy, but not enough to scare off my less hoppy friends. Very nice and balanced. Next time I'll use the correct lovibond crystal, 15 instead of 35, and make it a real blonde.

Back