Info on HomeBrew Supply of Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike47

Reaction score
Hi all,
Anyone else having a problem with their orders from this place. Placed a order on 12/27, haven't got a tracking # and have not got a response from calls or emails. I have ordered from Austins and others and it was like clockwork. Any info would be appreciated.

Never heard of them either. Their web site security certificate expired on 11/27/08 and they list a PO Box for an address. Their site requires you to register before you see the wonderful shipping charges. In my case $7.07 for four ounces of hops.

I'm not impressed, but not surprised either.

Based on their lack of response and expired certificate, I would call them one more time and leave them a message that I am canceling the order and disputing any charge on my credit card as product ordered, but not received.

Then I would order from a reputable online vendor such as the ones below.

Austin Homebrew
Midwest Supplies
Morebeer
Northern Brewer
Williams Brewing

I've done business with all of them and they do a great job.

I emailed them this morning asking them about their expired web site security certificate. No answer yet.

Their web site says they are in Grand Saline, TX which is between Dallas and Shreveport in the middle of BFE, TX.

Six pack of Apfelwein says they are out of bidness.

Never heard of them either. Their web site security certificate expired on 11/27/08 and they list a PO Box for an address. Their site requires you to register before you see the wonderful shipping charges. In my case $7.07 for four ounces of hops.

I'm not impressed, but not surprised either.

Based on their lack of response and expired certificate, I would call them one more time and leave them a message that I am canceling the order and disputing any charge on my credit card as product ordered, but not received.

Then I would order from a reputable online vendor such as the ones below.

Austin Homebrew
Midwest Supplies
Morebeer
Northern Brewer
Williams Brewing

I've done business with all of them and they do a great job.

You forgot BrewMastersWarehouse! Order today, it ships today... more than I can say for.. errr, almost anyone! http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/

www.homebrewsupplyoftexas.com gets a big whopping F from the Better Business Bureau. You might want to give Lance a call at the number listed. It is different than the one listed on his web site.

hbst1vq6.png
hbst2il7.png

I don't live to far from there, I will get my pitch fork and torch out if needed.

I use AHS or go to LHBS in Richardson, TX

Hi all,
Anyone else having a problem with their orders from this place. Placed a order on 12/27, haven't got a tracking # and have not got a response from calls or emails. I have ordered from Austins and others and it was like clockwork. Any info would be appreciated.

Any update on your order?

hi.
like to thank everybody who offered their ideas about this. I tried emails, leaving phone messages and never got a response. I would definately stay clear of HomeBrew Supply of Texas.
On a positive note, I have had nice dealings with Austin's and several others. Received my beer kit at xmas and just sampled my first brew, a amber ale. Actually quite enjoyable. Just bottled a holiday ale and have a wort chiller on order for future brewing. This is a very cool hobby.

Website came up for me, really looks good! Except for one thing. I can find no physical address for the place, and that'd be one of the very first things I look for. If I don't find one pretty quickly and readily, I say "next".

Yep. It surely appears that HomeBrew Supply of Texas - Home Beer & Wine Making Supplies, Ingredients, Kits and Equipment has gone out of business but forgot to take down their website. HomeBrew Supply of Texas - Home Beer & Wine Making Supplies, Ingredients, Kits and Equipment should not be taking orders and money if they are not going to ship the orders. HomeBrew Supply of Texas - Home Beer & Wine Making Supplies, Ingredients, Kits and Equipment should shut their site down since they don't respond to email or phone calls.

Stay away from HomeBrew Supply of Texas - Home Beer & Wine Making Supplies, Ingredients, Kits and Equipment

You forgot BrewMastersWarehouse! Order today, it ships today... more than I can say for.. errr, almost anyone! http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/

Northern Brewer ships same day if its ordered before noon Central time. Their site isn't bad once you understand how its all organized. It could be a little better, but its still one of the best out there.

Back