Calling all north-central Illinois homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atticmonkey

Reaction score
It might be a little early but just wanted to let everyone know that we are starting a local homebrew club in the lasalle-peru, ottawa, morris area. We will actually be meeting in the town of Marseilles. We welcome anyone that would like to check it out to stop by. Our first meeting will be the 13th of Feb. at 7pm at the Masonic Lodge. For directions just send me a pm. Again anybody that homebrews or would like to learn is welcome. Thanks.

I was born and raised in Joliet but left for a warmer climate. If you start a group PM me I've been trying to get my brother to start brewing and I think he would go for it if there was some local support. DA BEARS!

I'm definitely interested in something like this, but I'm a good hour and a half away from Marseilles... Any chance anybody is interested in somewhere closer to Chicago?

We hope to get an awesome club going with lots going on. We want to take a couple of beer trips, have some group brews, group buys, even trying to get a group yeast bank started. We've got an awesome place for meetings( like 16 taps awesome:drunk:) we just need to build our membership.

Hey I know everyone is probably tired of seeing this post pop back up but for anybody that might be interested the meeting is this friday at 7pm.

Anyone bringing any homebrew? I think I can manage sacrificing a little brown ale myself, although I wish I still had my last 2 pale ales to share (they were awesome).

Anyone bringing any homebrew? I think I can manage sacrificing a little brown ale myself, although I wish I still had my last 2 pale ales to share (they were awesome).

Yea ... I requested it in the email ... I have a Rye Stout .... Robb brought some awesome homebrew to the formation meeting ... hopefully he has some left. I have a wheat but I think its still too young.

After sampling it last night, I still think my brown ale is a little green as well so I'm debating whether or not to bring it. Since it's 6.5% ABV it's taking a little longer to age.

After sampling it last night, I still think my brown ale is a little green as well so I'm debating whether or not to bring it. Since it's 6.5% ABV it's taking a little longer to age.

Chicken .... :D I understand .... but it may give some people an idea of what green beer tastes like . Also .. if you serve it and let people know that it will only get better .... they have a referance and may be suprised at the quality. Your call .....

See yea tonight.

I'm definitely interested, but I absolutely have to go Valentine's shopping tonight, so I know I'll miss tonight's meeting. I'm in Channahon.

Good luck with it, though.

Hey guys.....its a little far for me to partake in the "meetings" and then turn around and head home, but if you decide to head to the Bloomington/Normal area let me know. Distihl has a nice brew set up (and the food aint too bad either) and Medici has about 25 beers rotating on tap.
Killian

Hey guys.....its a little far for me to partake in the "meetings" and then turn around and head home, but if you decide to head to the Bloomington/Normal area let me know. Distihl has a nice brew set up (and the food aint too bad either) and Medici has about 25 beers rotating on tap.
Killian

A couple of us in the club have been talking about taking a trip down to Distihl. If it wasnt so many miles in one day it would be cool to go over to Rhodells in Peoria too. Rhodell's had an oatmeal IPA that I would like to try. When we do make it down your way we will catch up with you. :mug:

The wife and I are going to Springfield tomorrow and I thought about stopping on the way back at Distihl's for lunch and try their beers.:ban:

Just got home from Destihl's and it was great! I tried a sampler and all the beers were good but the Destihlinator Doppelbock was the best and I bought a growler of that to take home.
Here is what I had:

Baldock Rye IPA 8.25% ABV
Jivaro Oatmeal Espresso Stout 5.7% ABV
Nutty Brown Ale 5.6% ABV
Destihlinator Doppelbock 9.6% ABV
Oengus Irish-Style Stout 4% ABV
Raspberry Berliner Weisse 5.9% ABV

Just got home from Destihl's and it was great! I tried a sampler and all the beers were good but the Destihlinator Doppelbock was the best and I bought a growler of that to take home.
Here is what I had:

Baldock Rye IPA 8.25% ABV
Jivaro Oatmeal Espresso Stout 5.7% ABV
Nutty Brown Ale 5.6% ABV
Destihlinator Doppelbock 9.6% ABV
Oengus Irish-Style Stout 4% ABV
Raspberry Berliner Weisse 5.9% ABV

Sweet! The Oatmeal espresso stout sounds awesome. Rumor has it that they have $2.00 pints on sundays. Cant wait for football season to get here, i know where i'll be. :ban:

Back