R.I.P. @Bracconiere

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of my dad and my uncles, maybe one of them is having a chance to enjoy his retirement.

One died young-ish from an accident and possibly a doctor's incompetence. One seemed to be in good health and kept working well past typical retirement age to maintain a certain lifestyle, and not long after retirement he got some rough news from the doctor. One retired because of a condition that was making it difficult to get around and do things. And another is a butthead who loves to mock and shout at certain people so I don't talk to him anymore.

Pushing all your fun vacations, whatnot, etc. until retirement is looking like a really bad idea to me. Use your time off and have some new experiences.
Okay I agree, having enjoyable vacations during one’s career years is a good idea. It’s easier for some and more difficult for others, but should be considered the fruits of our labor.
Now hear this, genetics are merely the blue print for our bodies. Genes that may make us more prone to a particular illness must be “turned on” so-to-speak to be expressed. Managing stressors and avoiding environmental toxins give us the best shot to keep them off. (Cliff notes version)
Be well! 🍻

Drawing Motivation GIF

a chance to enjoy his retirement
This was my main rationale for retiring earlier than planned. Not a choice for most (including Bracc, it seems). I feel very fortunate.
Pushing all your fun vacations, whatnot, etc. until retirement
Years ago I got a call from a friend whose husband had just retired. As they were preparing for their big post-retirement world travel, he became grievously and terminally ill. Her message to me: Don't wait!

This was my main rationale for retiring earlier than planned. Not a choice for most (including Bracc, it seems). I feel very fortunate.

Years ago I got a call from a friend whose husband had just retired. As they were preparing for their big post-retirement world travel, he became grievously and terminally ill. Her message to me: Don't wait!
Yup, same thing for me, retired two years earlier than my planned date.

I figured I could make more money, just couldn't make more time.

Not everyone can do it, but if you can, Do It!

Back