What is dried yeast
DRIED YEAST, Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Dry yeast strains.
- YS550 Muntons Gold Ale Yeast - One of the best English Ale yeasts. Use 2 packs in 5 gal
- YS530 Doric Canadian Ale Yeast - Used in our Kits, this is a great fast-starting yeast strain
- SAF Ale S-04 Yeast - Whitbread strain famous for its excellent attenuation and flavorful profile.
- SAF Ale S-33 Yeast - Clean, quick general purpose yeast. Compare to Edme.
- SAF Ale T-58 Yeast - Estery, spicy & peppery flavors in wheats and speciality ales, very solid sediment.
- Danstar Nottingham Ale Yeast - English strain noted for producing clear beers
- The Nottingham strain was selected for its highly flocculant (precipitating) and relatively full attenuation (transforming sugar into alcohol) properties. It produces low concentrations of fruity and estery aromas and has been described as neutral for an ale yeast, allowing the full natural flavor of malt to develop. Good tolerance to low fermentation temperatures, 14°C (57°F), allow this strain to brew lager-style beer. Recommended 14° to 21°C (57° to 70°F) fermentation temperature range.
- Windsor English Ale Yeast - This yeast strain is traditional for Brown Ales
- Danstar Windsor ale yeast originates in England. This yeast produces a beer which is estery to both palate and nose with a slight fresh yeasty flavor. These are usually described as full-bodied, fruity English ales. Depending on the substrate, the Windsor demonstrates moderate attenuation which will leave a relatively high gravity (density). Recommended 17° to 21°C (64° to 70°F) fermentation temperature range.
- SAF ALE US-56 American Ale (Chico Strain) - Finally! The most famous ale yeast strain found across America, now available as a convenient and economical ready-to-pitch dry yeast. Produces well balanced beers with low diacetyl and a very clean, crisp end palate.
- Brewferm Lager Yeast - Very clean lager yeast, delivering consistent neutral fermentation with little or no sulphur components and other undesirable by-products.
- SAF Lager S-23 Yeast - A new high-quality commercial brewery Lager yeast
Danstar Nottingham fact sheet
Danstar Windsor fact sheet Safale Homebrewing Page Safbrew S-33 fact sheet Safale S-04 fact sheet Safale US-05 (formerly US-56) fact sheet Safbrew T-58 fact sheet Saflager S-23 fact sheet