--Orfy 07:44, 11 February 2007 (CST) I've split this from the Malt page.
- It's not Malt
- The Malt Page was too long.
- I changed around the beer page to provide a link to this page. Seperating adjuncts was probably the best way to shorten the malts page. Any other divisions would be too confusing. --Torchiest 10:08, 11 February 2007 (CST)
- What do you think about splitting this page up like we did with the glossary and making an adjunct category? It makes it more to the wiki style and easier to maintain. The added benefit being you can start hot-linking words in text on other pages (also more wiki-ish). --Bradsul 08:35, 28 February 2007 (CST)
Possibly but I like it in a list with details, you can compare the Adjuncts side by side without loads of clicking and clicking back. I think it's better that related Items are on one page rather than loads of individual pages.
- We'll have to agree to disagree then. With separate pages you get better categorization and searching and you have more options. The ability to link from terms on other pages is one of the key concepts for a wiki. In terms of looking up in a single place, the adjuncts page could become a nice table listing the key values for each one allowing a direct comparison. Would be a pretty slick interface I think, shoot down the 'biscuit flavour' column and see exactly which ingredients apply (ok bad specific example for here but I think you see what I'm saying). I don't mean to rip on your idea, but wikis work best when you separate the data and then bring it together with other pages rather than having long articles. I could do a sample of the table idea for the malts. May not be a bad idea regardless; a quick reference card of some kind would be helpful anyway. --Bradsul 15:53, 28 February 2007 (CST)
Bradsul if you can add basics to the list then that's fine. I just don't like to see a page of words with no details. You know hell of a lot more about wiki structures than I do. Try it. I don't want to hold anything back just to suit me. --Orfy 03:31, 1 March 2007 (CST)
--Kaiser 23:30, 21 March 2007 (CDT): Rice and barley hulls aren't adjuncts. Adjuncts are any fermentable sugars that are not taken from malted grains. This article should also not be called "Adjuncts" since it lists more than just adjuncts.
- I plan on splitting this page up like the malts so things will be much easier to categorize. Just need to find some time, working 18 hours a day, 6 days a week right now. --Bradsul 10:29, 22 March 2007 (CDT)