So I've finished up my long day of my first two all grain batches. I had done 6 extract batches before this, but this was my first full boil as well. It was a busy weekend. I started on Friday with a sankey keg, new 70 qt coleman xtreme, a roll of copper tubing and a bunch of parts. So after spending Friday and Saturday getting everything ready today I brewed a AHS Blue Moon Clone and a MoreBeer Belgian Trippel.
The AHS Blue Moon Clone was first and went real well. I was shooting for an OG of 1.046 (70% eff) and got 1.042 and the volume into the fermenter was dead on. One thing I did learn is that I should shoot for more than 1.25 qt/lb for the mash water so that I can fit all my sparge water in my 5 gal pot.
The Belgian Trippel went ok too, but I ended up with a little over 6 gal into the fermenter (using blow-off tube). I think I added too much water during the mash and not quite as much boil off. I also forgot to add the 5.2 pH stabilizer. My SG ended up being 1.054 with the recipe calling for 1.076 (75% eff).
Both batches came out around 64% efficiency which I'm thrilled with considering these are my first two all grain batches.
Update with pictures:
Burner and Kettle
Drinking - Bee Cave Haus Pale Ale (Partial Mash)