Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Looking For Grain Bag

Old 01-26-2009, 02:01 AM   #1
Brewer_Steve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Looking For Grain Bag

I'm looking for a grain bag that I can use for the DeathBrewer Stovetop Brewing method.
I've tried out a variation of DB's stovetop brewing without a grain bag, but I think the bag would make things much easier for me.

My LHBS doesn't carry them.
I've tried several nearby Home Depots and Rona stores for paint strainer bags, but I haven't had any luck.

Any suggestions for finding one?
I'd prefer not to order from the US, since I often have to pay unreasonable duty/customs.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 01-26-2009, 02:25 AM   #2
Jewrican
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

that is weird. They are at every single home depot i have been to right in the painting section. They come in a package of two in a very thin plastic baggish thing.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:29 AM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2890 Times on 1703 Posts
Likes Given: 3520

EZ-Strainers for 5 gallon pails & 55 gallon drums

Scroll down....the bags start the third one down..but those other things look nifty for straining into fermenter buckets as well.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-26-2009, 02:47 AM   #4
Brewer_Steve
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNatic View Post
that is weird. They are at every single home depot i have been to right in the painting section. They come in a package of two in a very thin plastic baggish thing.

Unfortunately the stores in Canada aren't the same as in the U.S.
I run into the same problem with stores like Radio Shack. I get the U.S. part number and the Canadian store doesn't carry it.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:54 AM   #5
Jaybird
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 643 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 184

look at a local paint store

I have been making custom False Bottoms for just about everything since 2008

Nor Cal Brewing Solutions, Reddings local homebrew store
(530)243-BEER and (530)221-WINE

Still have questions PM me here or hit the website.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too
Smoke Cigars? www.stogietoys.com

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guy Cigar Club

Old 01-26-2009, 02:55 AM   #6
Brewer_Steve
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
EZ-Strainers for 5 gallon pails & 55 gallon drums

Scroll down....the bags start the third one down..but those other things look nifty for straining into fermenter buckets as well.
Thanks.
I'll try to get a quote from these guys. Hopefully they don't ship UPS, as the duty/brokerage fees are often more than the cost of the item. I've run into so many issues ordering from the U.S.