Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > ruination?

Old 03-16-2009, 12:27 AM   #21
NHRACER
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hop View Post
We have several Kappys Liquors here in the north shore area. I know for a fact that they carry Stone Ruination IPA. I just picked some up last night. I personally love this beer, but it is quite expensive. They are getting somewhere around $17 a 6 pack. I think I will try the Ballast Point IPA too. If they are close to a Ruination at a cheaper price... even better.
Just bought a sixer today. 14 bucks in NH. Not a bad brew. Don't really think it is worth the high price.

Also I-Hop, your "Frank the Tank" quote intrigues me. Seems some time ago on a racing web board here in New England, there was a poster with that screen name. If I remember correctly, he was quite humorous.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:12 AM   #22
I-Hop
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRACER View Post
Also I-Hop, your "Frank the Tank" quote intrigues me. Seems some time ago on a racing web board here in New England, there was a poster with that screen name. If I remember correctly, he was quite humorous.
Frank the Tank was Will Ferrell"s character in the movie "Old School." It was about a group of older guys that start a fraternity so they can rent a house that is on a college property. It was sort of along the lines of Animal House. Great movie and in my eyes, Will Ferrell's best. If you haven't seen it... rent it.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:54 AM   #23
Freezeblade
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 14 Posts

Ballast Point is my LHBS! the IPA is good, but I like their porter the most I think.
Aging:Public House Dry Stout, Procrastination Porter, Mr. Brown Ale, Westvleteren 12 Clone, Mead, Duvel Clone, Graham's English Cider 6-21, Belgian Draak Strong Ale, Fig Melomel, Acerglyn, Restorative Tonic Metheglyn

Old 03-16-2009, 04:45 AM   #24
GregR
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezeblade View Post
Ballast Point is my LHBS! the IPA is good, but I like their porter the most I think.
you pretty much can't go wrong with Ballast Point. Their porter is outstanding and so is their IPA. I really love it when Dorado double IPA and Sculpin come out. those are some great beers.

Edit: I love to take a growler in and get the 'Black eye'. someting about their Porter and IPA blend incredibly well.