Any ideas on what I can do with this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayabusa

Reaction score
I have access to a few of these kegs and I wondered if anyone else ever converted one into a fermentation tank? I think it would be a great tank but I am concerned about cleaning it since there is no opening expect the bunghole (which makes it a cool fermentation tank in my mind)

Has anyone used a keg like this for anything? Maybe I could cut the top and make a lid like that of a concial fermenter? Use some type of a washer? I'd like to hear some ideas if anyone has any.... I think the potential is there but am not sure where to start.

go! :)

keg.jpg

I would sell it to a hotrod shop for a gas tank and go get a regular keg. Sanke kegs have so many possibilities. I can't think of one advantage of that thing.

Cut it in half lengthwise, slap a metal grate over the top, fill her up with charcoal and you got a niiiice BBQ that matches your brewing equip :rockin:

I'd do the same. A BBQ grill is always a welcome addition. Using that thing for brewing purposes, while nifty, just offers too many possibilities for headaches, no real advantages are evident.

Back