Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > kegerator fermintation chamber questions..

Old 01-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Korben
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default kegerator fermintation chamber questions..

I just need some advice here. I want to take a chest freezer (I think this would be the easiest) and convert it to a fermentation chamber (mainly for lagering and crash cooling) and have room for approximately 2 corny kegs.. I just have two questions. 1. Is this a good idea? 2. What size chest cooler would i need to accomplish this? Also, my primaries are a couple buckets and a 6 gallon better bottle if that helps with dimensions..

Old 01-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
MoRoToRiUm
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

If you get a ranco/johnson/temperature controller, it's a great idea! Controlling your fermentation tempatures greatly affects your beer.

Check out the sticky on sizing your keezer in the bottling/kegging thread- The only thing is, most people size with cornies in mind. Hopefully they're only one or two sizes you're dealing with, and it might help. Otherwise, I guess the only thing I can recommend is check it out for sizes of known freezers and stage your buckets to see if they will fit.

Good luck!