Irish Red Ale Quaffable Irish Red (All Grain) Scrapper's - Page 7 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > Irish Red Ale Quaffable Irish Red (All Grain) Scrapper's

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #61
Apendecto
 
Apendecto's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2009
Rockwood, MI
Posts: 457
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts


Also, my dad recently made a smaller batch of this using the American yeast 2 and 33% of the base as Munich. It's no joke one of the best beers I've had. Again, thanks!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apendecto View Post
Also, my dad recently made a smaller batch of this using the American yeast 2 and 33% of the base as Munich. It's no joke one of the best beers I've had. Again, thanks!
You're welcome.


My homebrew club has done stuff like this for competition. We all make the same beer then judge who's was best. You get wildly different results. Lots of fun to do.
__________________
Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. - Dale Carnegie

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:29 AM   #63
Grumpybumpy
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
, Wa
Posts: 709
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts


One of the best beers I've made! So smooth and delicious after the diacetyl calmed down. Thanks for the recipe! It may become my house brew

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:32 AM   #64
Grumpybumpy
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
, Wa
Posts: 709
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts


Side note: I couldn't find special roast, so I doubled the biscuit

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #65
ElevenBrewCo
 
ElevenBrewCo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2010
Camby, IN
Posts: 276
Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts


So i just bought a pound of carapils and a pound of special roast

My dumbass told them to put it in the same bag. Im still going to brew so how bad will that pound of special roast affect it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevenBrewCo View Post
So i just bought a pound of carapils and a pound of special roast

My dumbass told them to put it in the same bag. Im still going to brew so how bad will that pound of special roast affect it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk
I'd pitch it and try again. The taste will be completely wrong
__________________
Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. - Dale Carnegie

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #67
Ibrewaletx
 
Ibrewaletx's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2010
Houston, Texas
Posts: 162
Liked 33 Times on 29 Posts


Brewing a 5 gallon batch of this right now. Went with the lower hopped version and used the 10L crystal and carapils 50%/50% substitution. I will update in 5-6 weeks after I try the first bottle.
__________________
icrafthomebrew.com

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #68
J8D
 
J8D's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2009
Tampa, Florida
Posts: 245
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts


I am trying to find a nice red to put on my new Stout faucet. Would anyone who has brewed this recipe recommend it served on such? Thanks!!!
__________________
J8D

---------------------------------------------
Stout Faucet: Guinness Clone
Faucet 1: Tongue Twister IIPA
Faucet 2: American White
Faucet 3: Wheat #2
Satellite Faucet: Walking Dead Guy Ale
Primary 1/2: Simcoe Pale Ale
Secondary 1/2: What You Do IPA

Upcoming Brews: Belgian Pale Ale

Total gallons brewed: 470 gallons

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #69
Apendecto
 
Apendecto's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2009
Rockwood, MI
Posts: 457
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by J8D View Post
I am trying to find a nice red to put on my new Stout faucet. Would anyone who has brewed this recipe recommend it served on such? Thanks!!!
Anyway you serve it, this recipe is great. I've made made 50 gallons or so and we are about to mash in another 5 right now.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:16 AM   #70
Ibrewaletx
 
Ibrewaletx's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2010
Houston, Texas
Posts: 162
Liked 33 Times on 29 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrewaletx View Post
Brewing a 5 gallon batch of this right now. Went with the lower hopped version and used the 10L crystal and carapils 50%/50% substitution. I will update in 5-6 weeks after I try the first bottle.
So, 6 days in the bottle (prob only 1 1.5 volume of CO2 so far) and I cracked one open tonight! Great Brew!!! Wonderful beer, my best beer brewed since I've re-started after moving to Portland!
Thanks Scrapper, I will be brewing more of this, it will go fast!
Click image for larger version

Name:	St Teresa's Irish Red Ale.jpg
Views:	838
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	47142  

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Irish Red Ale Quaffable Irish Red (Extract) Schlenkerla Homebrew Ale Recipes 320 07-16-2015 01:25 AM
Little Scrapper IPA telp Recipes/Ingredients 0 12-16-2013 06:41 AM
Quaffable Tettnanger Help? carrotmalt Recipes/Ingredients 20 12-23-2010 12:52 AM
Quaffable agroff383 General Beer Discussion 13 04-30-2009 04:15 AM


Forum Jump