My First Beer Is Good!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinglejohn

Reaction score
Decided to throw one in the fridge and give it a try early; see how its coming along and Goddamnit its Good!! A little bit sweet, but it still has a week before its supposed to be done. Im feelin' pretty good.

SG: 1.015, right were it belongs

Way to go! Glad to read that someone else is having success with their brewing.

So what is it and what's the next one on the brew list?

Be careful! Dont drink it too fast and make sure you have something else in the pipeline (preferrably also bottled) and something else in the primary! You will be very surprised how quickly your beer will go (especially if its as good as you say it is). I am drinking the last of my first batch and its a bittersweet feeling. Tastes f-ing awesome, but its also my last one... :(
-Me

Way to go! Glad to read that someone else is having success with their brewing.

So what is it and what's the next one on the brew list?

Its a "brewers best" kit, classic english pale ale. I have dortmunder in secondary right now.

WHOO HOO - congrats. yea - the pipeline will break you. Even though I have maybe 12 cases of assorted brew in the basement I feel the need fore more.

As soon as a primary is empty I have 12 more batches I want to brew. IT'S A CURSE!!!!

Put a bottle or two aside for 4 or 5 months down the road. two reason, first you will see how good a beer gets with age and second, 4 months from now you will see how good you can make beer NOW. Rarely do people make WORSE beer with experience LOL

Congrats... but then again man has been making beer for centuries... we are using a tried and true method.... the important thing now is that we make BETTER beer!

congrats on the beer, get ready to embark on a tasty and costly journey where the only rule is:

RDWHAHB!

Be careful! Dont drink it too fast and make sure you have something else in the pipeline

This is so true the SWMBO and I had a porter, light ale and kolsch so were out of bottles and didn't brew for a couple months, suddenly we were down to a 6 pack and like OH CRAPPP!!!! and brewed up immediately but finished the Home brew before the wort boil was done. Now no home brew, but luckily my creme ale will be ready to bottle this weekend, and my brown has hit the 3 week mark in the bottle (was about 65 my house though so may give it another week before cold crashing).

SWMBO and I decided this was a bad situation and needed to up our volume so bought a glass carboy and another plastic bucket so we can have a 3 primary rotation going from now on, down with being out of Home Brew. Although it does give me a chance to try out various craft beer styles and collect more bottles for the home brew....

Latest posts

Back