Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > How can I make something out of this cherry cider?

Old 05-29-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
MrEcted1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default How can I make something out of this cherry cider?

I live in Colorado and we went on a little trip to Estes Park this weekend. On our way back we found this little tiny store that was selling Black Bing Cherry Cider. We went ahead and picked some up. OH...MY...GOD! That was the best cherry cider i'ver EVER had! That got me to thinkin'... there MUST be a way I can incorporate that into like a hard cider of some sort, or brew a unique beer with it somehow. Any ideas on how I would go about doing something with this heavenly nectar? I would definitely want the cherries to play the major role in the drink i'll create, but I have no idea what I can do with just regular cider to make it something "special" so to speak.

Ideas are welcome and appreciated!

Bottled (Drinking):
Next: IIPA

last batch review(Schwheat (wheat))

Appear: 3.5/5.
Mouthfeel: 3.5/5
Carb/Head: 3/5
Taste: 2.5/5
Overall: 3/5

An overall decent beer but it has too much of a banana character, I think it's because of fermenting at too high of a temp. Tasted better as it aged, but far from perfect.