I just poured a beer down the sink after one drink. - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > I just poured a beer down the sink after one drink.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:40 AM   #1
impatient

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Des Moines, IA
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Millsteam Brewing Co. Amana Iowa

Colony Oatmeal Stout Lager

Absolutely acrid and sour tasting. Awful.

Primary:
Secondary:
Bottled: Pale Ale, IPA, Extra Pale Ale
Kegged: Hoppy Vienna Lager
Drinking: AllBitterNoFlavorTonOMunich Ale, Amber Ale, Cream of Three Crops
Soon: SA Black Lager Clone

Old 01-10-2009, 04:43 AM   #2
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3509 Times on 3324 Posts

that sucks, But Outmeal Stout Lager just doesn't sound good. And how can a stout be a lager? A Stout IS an Ale.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:01 AM   #3
JoeMama

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Ugh, note to not try that brew when I am waiting.

One beer I had to dump was that Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic. I had to try it as it was labeled as a 'lambic' and of course because Sam Adams (usually) makes good beers.

That was horrid... It reminded me of what Play-Doh used to smell like.
Straight ****...
-Me

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:58 AM   #4
DrinksWellWithOthers

Recipes 

May 2008
MA
Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
One beer I had to dump was that Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic. I had to try it as it was labeled as a 'lambic' and of course because Sam Adams (usually) makes good beers.

Straight ****...
-Me
I just tried one last week. I've heard nothing but horrible things about it, its a drain pour and no one drinks more than a couple sips. Well I told myself no beer can be that bad and I'll drink the whole bottle even if it doesn't taste that great just to prove a point. So I crack it open, pour it in a glass and take a whif... smells kinda funky but hey its a lambic. I take a sip and its gross and I get light headed. Hmm.. a beer can't be so bad that it makes me feel like I'm going to pass out so I take another big sip and get dizzy again. So I take another in spite of both hearing that its completely undrinkable and the fact that I think this beer is going to knock me out. Agghhh its bad and I'm holding onto the sink now. One more chug and I can't take anymore.. down the drain it goes. I gave it my best shot but that is one undrinkable beer...

Old 01-10-2009, 06:11 AM   #5
Nickeldeposit
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Ames, Iowa
Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Did you get it from a local store or a drive thru Amana? I must be looking for punishment but I want to try it now for some odd reason.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:35 AM   #6
Vic_Sinclair
Recipes 

Nov 2008
SLC, Utah
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Glad to hear I am not the only one that poured Sam Adam's cranberry lambic down the drain. Horrible beer. But the others in the holiday pack are very good.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:38 AM   #7
cantari
Recipes 

Dec 2008
Tampa, FL

I think it is a fine oatmeal stout. Nothing spectacular but definitely drinkable and quite clean. Not sure why you would pour this down the drain personally, maybe the bottle was bad.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
BrewInATL
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Johns Creek, GA
Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
Ugh, note to not try that brew when I am waiting.

Straight ****...
-Me
+1, one of the worst beers I've ever had! I have never poured a full beer into the sink until I tried SA Cranberry Lambic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernerbits View Post
Because I was fortunate enough to have 255 colors in my crayola box as a kid. You poor bastard.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #9
fratermus

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by impatient View Post
Absolutely acrid and sour tasting. Awful.
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully there will be some joy on the backend if it's a poptop and the labels slip off without real effort...

Old 01-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #10
BioBeing

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Memphis, TN
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Another vote for the Cranberry Lambic as drainable. I got the Holiday pack for a Christmas party at my house, and the only beers left at the end were the lambics. Still have one in the fridge, having personally drank one (which was not easy) and pouring another.