Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Big score!!!

Old 05-29-2005, 05:03 AM   #11
downreactor
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Where in Oklahoma is this place? I will be in OK next week and would like to stop by and pick-up some good brew while I am there.

Old 05-30-2005, 02:19 AM   #12
SwAMi75

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

He was in Milwaukee, on Oklahoma Street.

Where you headed in OK? I'm from Tulsa. I honestly couldn't tell you any good places to get good beer. I haven't lived there for almost 12 years. I know there used to be a place in Tulsa called Cherry Street Brewery, but I know nothing of the quality, nor if it even still exists. Oklahoma isn't known for being beer or alcohol friendly.

If you're going to be in the OKC area, your best bet would probably be in Norman. It's a college town (OU), and has some good bars from what I hear.

Sam

Gone unsung for far too long

Old 06-05-2005, 11:45 AM   #13
downreactor

Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam75
He was in Milwaukee, on Oklahoma Street.

Where you headed in OK? I'm from Tulsa. I honestly couldn't tell you any good places to get good beer. I haven't lived there for almost 12 years. I know there used to be a place in Tulsa called Cherry Street Brewery, but I know nothing of the quality, nor if it even still exists. Oklahoma isn't known for being beer or alcohol friendly.

If you're going to be in the OKC area, your best bet would probably be in Norman. It's a college town (OU), and has some good bars from what I hear.

Sam
DOH! Oh well. Shoulda known.
I will be in the Lawton area. I have heard that Tapwerks in OKC is good but I have not been there yet.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:08 PM   #14
SwAMi75

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Sounds to me like you're probably in the best possible area for beer. For OK, I mean.

Oh well, best of luck.....I'd be interested in a trip report!
Gone unsung for far too long

Old 06-27-2005, 06:48 PM   #15
Oahu
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRoux's Broux
La Fin is a cool beer. try the maudete(?) too by unibraue (or how ever it's spelled?). they make some might big beers up there in Canada...... plus they have cool labels and stories for all the names oftheir beers. get culture and a helluva buzz!

DeRoux's Broux
Unibroue's Assortment is what got me started on beer- specifically La Fin and Ephemere. God bless those people.

And God Bless Wisconsin! Whenever I am up there I go to Flanagans on College Avenue in Appleton Wisconsin and get New Glarus and everything else I can't get here (Southern Indiana). I have never seen NG apple, and am intensly jealous. Time for another nine hour drive.

Nice to see some Micro-brews being enjoyed.

My modest collection. I had a pair of Westy 12s once- had em on my wedding night.

Old 06-27-2005, 08:23 PM   #16
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 99 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oahu
My modest collection. I had a pair of Westy 12s once- had em on my wedding night.
I opened a magnum of Leffe's Blonde on my grandaughter's wedding night. Cost me $25.00.

Great stuff!

Old 07-07-2005, 12:10 AM   #17
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 25 Posts

Strawberry Blonde: Yech. Tastes like someone had a glass of strawberry soda, dumped it out and put some beer in it.

I'm lucky enough to have a good variety of micro's to choose through around here. Back in my college days, I tried every new Micro I could find, and most of them either tasted too similar, tasted too crappy, or too similarly crappy. Occasionally I'd find some winners.

I used to hang out at a bar that had a 200 beer club. I did some damage to the list, but some of the beers (like the Rogue that has liquid smoke in it) were just brutal.

Problem with most micros is that they sit on the shelf way too long. I know some of them were up there for months before anyone would try them, and by then they were a little skunked.

I'm sipping on another Blue Moon tonight. Still one of my fave's. Wish I could get the Wieckse Wit here, that beer is simply fan-freaking-tastic. There's a bar by my office that has a couple hundred on tap. Again - it scares me because they obviously can't go through it quick enough for it to not get tainted or nasty.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:10 PM   #18
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
Strawberry Blonde: Yech. Tastes like someone had a glass of strawberry soda, dumped it out and put some beer in it.
Man, I didn't think that at all. I was trying to imagine some strawberry flavor. For a lager, that one still strikes my fancy.

Here's my score for the day:

1) Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar--I'm a brown ale fan so I'm glad I found this. Can't wait to try it cause I don't think I've met a Rogue beer I didn't like.
2) Rogue American Amber--the famous flag label that got banned. I'm not expecting much with this but I wanted the bottle for a keepsake.
3) Rogue Dead Guy Ale--I've had it before, but I'm revisiting it.
4) Stone IPA--had it before, got this one again for "research" purposes....

I'd give my left ahhhh....I'd love to be able to get the Rogue Chipotle and Brutal Bitter, but no luck here. That sucks.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 07-14-2005, 12:43 AM   #19
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRELSE
Man, I didn't think that at all. I was trying to imagine some strawberry flavor. For a lager, that one still strikes my fancy.
I'll reassert my Blech. Blech. To each his own, right? I think I used to like fruit beer. A sammy's Cherry Wheat used to hit the spot, but I think it was the Zima fest of the mid-90's that killed fruity beers for me. I don't understand the point of garnishing beer with fruit either. Don't they know that you're supposed to eat peanuts with beer?

Although I have to admit that the plastic muddlers they use in the Wit beers in Amsterdam were pretty darn cool. And that Wieckse Wit...please, someone tell me that it's available in the U.S. and tastes as good!!!

Old 08-28-2005, 05:07 AM   #20
Kephren

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I just finished my first bottle of "La Fin" - excellent! Although I can barely see straight to type
I'm planning on starting my first business. A bar with a special theme. I think I could easily serve all of the beers this brewery makes.