Mild Manner Musings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
WLP 002
Yeast Starter
yes
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
21 days at 68
Tasting Notes
Malty and biscuity with notes of chocolate and toffee
Grains:

Marris Otter 6lbs
Crystal 120 .5lbs
Biscuit .5lbs
Crystal 60 6oz
Chocolate malt 2oz
Black Patent 2oz

Mash at 154 for 60 min

Hops:

1 oz of EKGs 4%AA for 60 min.

I have, after several attempts, honed in my grain bill. For anyone that enjoys session beers this is a must try.

Enjoy!

DO you have it in BeerXML format you could post? I'll give it a whirl if I I can import it.

This beer is excellent.

Why thank you kind sir! Making it again tomorrow if you would care to join.

As for a beer XML, nope, All of my notes are on scratch paper. I am thinking about getting some beer software other than the free trial stuff here in the next month or so. If I do I will post it for you.

As for a beer XML, nope, All of my notes are on scratch paper. I am thinking about getting some beer software other than the free trial stuff here in the next month or so. If I do I will post it for you.

I keyed it in and will attach. I have really enjoyed the milds I've made so far so I wanted to try yours.

Anyone who uses this pls doublecheck the .xml against the posted recipe as I am operating pre-coffee this AM.

View attachment JCmmm.xml

Yes, it is such a light beer you need the extra character of the MO to really make it work.

With that being said you could always try to make up for the character with some more specialty grains.

Latest posts

Back