Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Noobie question. Can I use apple juice from my juicer?

Old 01-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #11
oldhickory
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I do plan on filtering the gunk out before putting it in the carboy. Unfortunately all my fermenters are in use right now, as soon as my wildflower wheat is bottled in 5 days I will start on the cider. I still have 4 weeks on my T' ej, ethiopian honey wine, I just added the gesho this morning, cant wait!!!

Old 01-10-2009, 03:28 AM   #12
loosey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

i did my 1st and only cider that way too, using a juiceman junior from the 80's, just a few months ago. yes, you should be careful to clean it out every few lbs and keep it spinning at high speeds one apple at a time...

i had about 30lbs of apples and topped off what came out with about 2 gallons of fresh juice. there was a lot of juice leftover in the pulp, and i semi-cored them (just cut the seeds section out)... i think one of those simple presses using two flat boards and 2 "D "clamps would have been great to squeze the residue through for another gallon.

anyway, the cider is coming along nicely, and as for a lot of work, thats relative... we had 2 sets of hands and a few beers so time flew in my recollection