Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Full vs Partial boil question
Old 01-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Likes Given: 5

Default Full vs Partial boil question

Tomorrow I am planning on doing Yoopers DFH 60 minute clone. After reading many threads on the merits of full vs partial boils I was planning on doing a full boil in two separate pots. I decided to test evaporation rates in each of the pots and discovered that my stove top will only bring one pot to a full boil, the other burners are just too small. Rather than giving up on the full boil idea I came up with a simple plan, but wanted to ask the more experienced if it would work fine.

I was thinking I would do two boils one after the other on the same burner. Once the first boil is complete and cooling start the second. Since there will be some dead time I would just pour the first batch of wort into the carboy and cap it. After the second is complete and cool I will drop that into the carboy pitch the yeast and go. Any problems with such a plan?

Old 01-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 120 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 1

No problems at all, just make sure the wort is cooled before pouring it into
the carboy.
HB Bill