Apfelwein is the DEVIL!!! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Apfelwein is the DEVIL!!!

Old 01-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
JoeMama

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Even though I am posting this *post* ****edupedness its still appropriate that it go here. I will be not the first, but one of the many to say that Apfelwein is the DEVIL!!

Now before you ask, OF COURSE I DIDNT HEED EDWORTS ADVISE! (And boy do I wish I would have!)

'Mass consumption of Apfelwein will get you drunk at warp speed' - "No! Warp speed is too slow! We need Ludicrous speed!" Needless to say, I went plaid last night.

I decided to siphon off a gallon and a pitcher from my 5gal jug that has been fermenting for over a month. (Nice and clear) Took it over to the wifes friends house and basically I was the only one drinking there. So, I proceeded to put the pitcher down and start on the gallon of Apfelwein. I managed to suck down half of that before the wife got embarrassed and took me home. (I was rather tanked at this point)

From there, I remember walking into the bathroom to pee, then make an about face to hug the porcelain. After that, I woke up on the floor (still halfway in the bathroom) with a blanket over me. (Thank you fams)

I can sit and laugh about this now, but damn If I didnt scare my daughter in the process. Daddy doesnt make it a habit to get so smashed that he wakes up halfway in the bathroom cause its too much effort to crawl 10 feet to the bed. Wow... The worst part of it is I didnt see it coming. It goes down so smooth and wonderful then *POOF* (Youre POOF)

Apfelwein wears Prada... Be warned newcomers! As it was stated before - Apfelwein doesnt play nice with others. In fact Apfelwein runs around the house with scisors screaming obscenities.
Time to go back to my beers that I drink to ENJOY (Not get goofy at Ludicrous speed)
-Me

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
eschatz

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Terre Haute, IN
Liked 35 Times on 19 Posts

I think you're one of a million with this thread. It's happened to all of us at some point. Relax and have a tylenol.

What's tappening? :D

Old 01-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2008
New Bern, NC
Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts

Dude...come on. You HAD to know that was going to happen. After a pitcher you started into a GALLON JUG? You are familiar with what ABV means, right?! Gotta treat this stuff like it's a Tripel or something.

Dontcha just f***in hate it when you're the only one drinking? Social gatherings so often have so much unrealized potential.
On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 01-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
RedIrocZ-28

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Liked 29 Times on 22 Posts

I have been wanting to make this stuff but I am scared for myself. I have a habit of sleepwalking and doing some pretty crazy ass **** when I get blackout drunk. This stuff (like drinking Bill Murrays all night - equal parts of OJ, tripelsec,UV blue, and Midori for those interested in having a **** you up drink that tastes like those Ecto-Cooler juice boxes from the 80's and 90's when ghostbusters was popular) honestly scares the **** out of me.

Trying to accumulate more Budweiser American Ale bottles than Revvy... 1 six pack at a time.

My DIY Immersion Chiller <------ Click Me :)

Old 01-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
DesertBrew
Dirty blonde

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Liked 115 Times on 101 Posts

Mmm Apfelwein

Old 01-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #6
JoeMama

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastarine View Post
Dude...come on. You HAD to know that was going to happen. After a pitcher you started into a GALLON JUG? You are familiar with what ABV means, right?! Gotta treat this stuff like it's a Tripel or something.

Dontcha just f***in hate it when you're the only one drinking? Social gatherings so often have so much unrealized potential.
Well, yes I guess I DID know that something like this was going to happen... I guess I just didnt expect it to happen like *that*.

Warp speed is to slow...
I now have a newfound respect for Apfelwein. Oh do I ever!
-Me

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
nystevecf

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
Well, yes I guess I DID know that something like this was going to happen... I guess I just didnt expect it to happen like *that*.

Warp speed is to slow...
I now have a newfound respect for Apfelwein. Oh do I ever!
-Me
kicking a keg as I type.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #8
Duckfoot

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Dürty Soüth, GA
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIrocZ-28 View Post
I have been wanting to make this stuff but I am scared for myself.....This stuff honestly scares the **** out of me.
Be afraid.... VERY AFRAID....

(While I am sure running in socks down the hardwood stairs may have had something to do with this, I WAS on my way to get my 2nd apfelwein... I'm just sayin....)

Kegged : DFB Belgian Pale, DFB Brown, DFB Belgian Dark Strong, DFB Cider...
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
Non-Alcoholic beer is like going down on your cousin, it might taste the same but it just ain’t right!

Old 01-02-2009, 02:45 AM   #9
eschatz

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Terre Haute, IN
Liked 35 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckfoot View Post

(While I am sure running in socks down the hardwood stairs may have had something to do with this, I WAS on my way to get my 2nd apfelwein... I'm just sayin....)

WOW! Brutal. Does Ed know about this? haha

What's tappening? :D

Old 01-02-2009, 06:03 AM   #10
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Minnesota
Liked 61 Times on 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckfoot View Post

Tell me about it! the below required 6 stitches and is remarkably similar in shape to the jagged edge of a broken pint glass.

I was on the way to pint # 3 of Apfelwein.... lightning flashed in the sky... I went "ooh shiny stuff!!!" completely missed the stairs on the patio and found myself kissing the driveway with my pint glass stuck in my hand. I was VERY lucky... no tendons cut.

Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty