After I ran out the first runnings (7 gallons I got) I then did 3 batch sparges at 37.5 qt's each. I collected 9 gallons from each of the 3 runnings.
Here is the last of the 3 batch sparges.
With 34 gallons in the kettle I was now ready to boil this puppy. While I was running out my last sparge I fired up the burners to get her moving. After the last runnings were added it took less then 5 minutes for it to be to a boil. So it took around 15 minutes to get it boiling.
I was then able to turn the burners down and held a strong boil for 60 minutes without the burners being very high at all.
Here it is right after the last runnings were added but before the boil started.
The boil ran the course and one great thing is, it's damn hard to boil over a 35 gallon batch in a 55 gallon kettle. Oh sure it can be done but you would have to be asleep to do it.
When all was said and done I was at 8 hours of time and I had 25 gallons of beer in the fermenters.
My efficiency was a little better then I wanted, the OG was 1.048 where as I was shooting for 1.039. I'm sure that had something to do with the low mash temp and I also mashed for an hour and 20 minutes, also I'm sure that 27 gallons of sparge water helped too.
Here is the finished wort ready do be moved to the fermenting room.
Just incase you are thinking "what the hell are you going to do with that much beer" I'm keeping 10 gallons, one friend is taking 10 and one is taking 5.