My wife is nuts - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > My wife is nuts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008, 09:33 PM   #21
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
DeathBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2007
Oakland, CA
Posts: 21,790
Liked 269 Times on 134 Posts


huh. so women in relationships go nuts about dogs dogs and women that live alone turn into crazy cat ladies?
__________________
Easy Partial Mash Brewing - Stovetop All-Grain Brewing

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 PM   #22
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
GilaMinumBeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2008
Posts: 59,283
Liked 7719 Times on 6300 Posts


My wife talks about more cats. We have two already. So, mebe your wife and mine are related cause mine is "chock full".

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #23
MrNate
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Bridgewater, NJ
Posts: 814
Liked 16 Times on 8 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
My wife talks about more cats. We have two already. So, mebe your wife and mine are related cause mine is "chock full".
Or as I like to say, about one cat shy of crazy.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:00 PM   #24
Ceedubya
 
Ceedubya's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Helena, MT
Posts: 1,460
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts


We have two dogs already, and had two guniue pigs till one died.

My wife keeps going on about these damned chinese crested dogs. Have you seen THESE things? hairless inbret rat looking freaks. She wants to name them Dolce & Gabbana

Are you ******* kidding me? I told her that when I get my two Dogo Argentino's that she could have her dogs

__________________
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! - The Dude

I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to
have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and
sticks when they've invented the lighter?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #25
Junebug
 
Junebug's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2007
Madison, WI
Posts: 221
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonefishing View Post
At least she didn't pull the crap my wife did ...
I used to drive truck on Saturdays as a second job. I needed to get up super early that one day each week. One Friday night she would not let me go to bed...wanted to keep talking about a puppy her mother wanted to send the kids. As SWMBO had made me find a new home for my dog ( a 6 month old lab) I was in no mood to discuss another dog.... much less a Chichuha puppy. ANyway, finally, about 11 pm I said, "Ok listen...I've got 4 hours to fall asleep, wake up and drive 20 miles to get in the truck... I need to go to sleep, so lets talk about this later". Her answer was that no, we had to talk about it then... so finally, in desperation I said, ok...ok... tell your mother to send the f'ing thing! Her response this time? "Oh good, I'm glad you said that....my sister is taking me to the airport tomorrow morning at 9 to meet the flight".
She kept you up half the night to badger you about getting a dog, and she'd already made the plans and was going around you anyway. This is seriously not o.k. She needs to be respectful of your needs and wishes.
__________________
Primary: SNPA clone

Conditioning: Irish Cream Ale

Conditioning: Kilkenny Irish Ale

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:15 AM   #26
rokipynes
Recipes 
 
Oct 2005
rural NH
Posts: 88


I guess we would be the exception here. Four Goldens - dad and three sons, two Newfs - both special needs recues, and two Maine Coon cats - both rescues. Animal fur is considered a food group and normal part of everyday life. We also take in rescues of almost any breed as needed and especially Newfs.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #27
curt656
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Miami, FL
Posts: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonefishing View Post
At least she didn't pull the crap my wife did ...
I used to drive truck on Saturdays as a second job. I needed to get up super early that one day each week. One Friday night she would not let me go to bed...wanted to keep talking about a puppy her mother wanted to send the kids. As SWMBO had made me find a new home for my dog ( a 6 month old lab) I was in no mood to discuss another dog.... much less a Chichuha puppy. ANyway, finally, about 11 pm I said, "Ok listen...I've got 4 hours to fall asleep, wake up and drive 20 miles to get in the truck... I need to go to sleep, so lets talk about this later". Her answer was that no, we had to talk about it then... so finally, in desperation I said, ok...ok... tell your mother to send the f'ing thing! Her response this time? "Oh good, I'm glad you said that....my sister is taking me to the airport tomorrow morning at 9 to meet the flight".
I'm kind of with everyone else about this one...I would have told my wife to pack a suitcase to take with her to the airport because she is going to be on the next flight to "out of the house". My wife knows better than to make a decision like that without talking about it first just like I know not to do it to her. IMHO if my wife ever tried that with me, I would consider that an agregious breach of trust, not to mention a serious lack of respect, and would more than likely part ways.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #28
polecreek
 
polecreek's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2008
montrose co
Posts: 355
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Proud owner of 5 now.
1English mastiff
2American bulldog
3snoodle
4Australian Shepard
5Cocker Spanial (new puppy)
I like my dogs more than people, just started this thread to blow off steam. My dogs have it better than most people actually.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #29
Gonefishing
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Lowell, MA - Massachusetts
Posts: 775
Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by curt656 View Post
I'm kind of with everyone else about this one...I would have told my wife to pack a suitcase to take with her to the airport because she is going to be on the next flight to "out of the house". My wife knows better than to make a decision like that without talking about it first just like I know not to do it to her. IMHO if my wife ever tried that with me, I would consider that an agregious breach of trust, not to mention a serious lack of respect, and would more than likely part ways.
Ah, yeah, but she's wife #3, and at that time I didn't feel much like being a 3 time loser. Plus we has two small kids. Now years later she's finally learned more about respect, and we do get along well these past several years.
__________________
In Primary: Apfelwein
In Primary 2: Shaggy Brown Ale
In Primary 3:Nothing
In Secondary: Empty
In Keg: Snowy Mountain APA (kicked), Nameless Pale Ale
My Blog: http://kking.wordpress.com/

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ah Nuts! (using nuts in brewing) cmdrico7812 Recipes/Ingredients 39 08-16-2013 02:33 PM
Am I going nuts? OctopusInk Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 2 03-14-2009 12:30 AM
Am I nuts? mr_bell Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 14 08-21-2008 05:56 PM
Is my dad nuts? Bromley General Techniques 19 04-16-2007 01:19 AM
This guy is nuts! BootYtRappeR General Chit Chat 7 12-09-2005 05:05 PM


Forum Jump