Austin Homebrew Delirium Tremens Clone - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Austin Homebrew Delirium Tremens Clone
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Old 12-28-2008, 03:49 AM   #1
Korben
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Memphis (Mud Island)

Anyone tried this kit? Also I was wondering if it comes with the specialty spices.. aka grains of paradise. Also, for the yeast they suggest double pitching I thought I would do one better than this make a start and plus a vial or make a first a second generation starter from a DT bottle (probably what I will do). Also, if not this kit can someone point me to a extract kit or atleast an extract recipe (seen a couple but always looking for more)... Thanks

Old 12-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
jkarp
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Elizabeth, CO
Liked 44 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben View Post
Anyone tried this kit? Also I was wondering if it comes with the specialty spices.. aka grains of paradise. Also, for the yeast they suggest double pitching I thought I would do one better than this make a start and plus a vial or make a first a second generation starter from a DT bottle (probably what I will do). Also, if not this kit can someone point me to a extract kit or atleast an extract recipe (seen a couple but always looking for more)... Thanks
This is supposedly from some Dutch homebrewers who got the recipe from the Huyghe brewmaster himself...

85% Pils
15% Beet or candi sugar
2.4g/gal Coriander
0.8g/gal Ginger
0.8g/gal Paradise
22 IBUs of probably Styrian Goldings & Saaz (no further details divulged)
Wyeast 1388 & S-04 (pitched together, roused at 1.030)

125F mash-in, 45min at 144F, 30min at 158F, 172F mashout

Old 12-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7361 Times on 5205 Posts

I haven't made the kit (or any clone of that beer) so I can't tell you about the recipe. I will say, though, that the AHS kits I have done have been complete, so I assume that it's all there. I would definitely suggest a yeast starter with one vial of yeast, and check out mrmalty.com for a great pitching calculator on how much yeast is recommended for each beer you make.