Best and worst part of Christmas AM. - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Best and worst part of Christmas AM.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:31 PM   #1
JoeMama

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I say this every year, but the sheer joy on my daughters face when she sees that Santa came by is priceless. I just makes me want to burst with happiness to see her get so excited and thanking Santa for all of the cool stuff she got. Unfortunately this joy also comes with a price.

I have to be conscious for this...

Its bad enough that we were up until 2(something) this AM to get it all set up, but throw in the fact that we were awoken at around 6(something) to see what Santa brought. I think that Santa is really Satan misspelled.
Is it too early for a beer?
-Me

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3184 Times on 1883 Posts

Living alone, and not seeing anyone right now, and childless, I can't really say there's anything BEST about Christmas Morning.

MEH....

I lasted listening to about 5 Christmas Songs on the radio before having the desire to sledgehammer the radio. I turned on a Austaralian Brewing podcast instead.

Enjoy those precious moments you have with those you love.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
uglygoat

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Clebland, OH
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

pros:

excited munchkin, who was as excited to give the gifts she picked out for me and her mom.

cons:

all the little metal twist ties, tape and rubberbands that hasblo uses to secure their plastic piles of crapola. half the price on toys is gotta be in the packaging. the last two years i've gotten the cross cutters ready the night before.

the pile of wasted wrapping paper and boxes that i have to bundle up.

never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #4
LooyvilleLarry
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Louisville,KY
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
Is it too early for a beer?
-Me
No, that is exactly why I have some oatmeal stout on hand.Yummm, breakfast.

Old 12-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

yea- I love seeing my oldest get his IPOD and 10 min later we find out one of my HDD is going bad. The one with the OS boot on it......

Awesome/notsobadbutkindasucks
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 12-25-2008, 03:18 PM   #6
pedalmedic

Recipes 

Nov 2008

515 am my son is flicking the light on to our bedroom.... Still was fun watching the kids. My daughter is 14 so she does not get much stuff that is "fun" Clothes and all that. I have been tasked with building the rocket, he is taking a nap already so we don't tie him to the rocket and see how high off the ground we can get him.
The bad side is my our family is all ovet the states and none are close. It has always been just us for the holidays. It would be nice to share some home brew and memories with family, but I guesss this means more beer for me.
Primay 2 Kolsch
secondary air
On Deck kipping fingers crossed for AG 10 gal batch

"Get real man. Most eunuchs have got more balls than you. "
- Lister

Old 12-25-2008, 03:47 PM   #7
jmendez29

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Holland, Michigan
Liked 155 Times on 98 Posts

My kids are at their mom's again for xmas. She lives in the next state over, and I have no family local, so I send them there so they can have a bunch of family around them on the holidays instead of just me. It's been that way for the last several years, but one of these years, I'll have them with me. Maybe I'll bring them on a vacation to Mexico or something one year.....

But ultimately, it really is nice to have the kids around especially on a day like xmas. Love them kids to death, and couldn't wait for them to leave, (was getting perpetual headaches from their constant arguing) but as soon as they left, the house felt really big and empty. And too quiet. Enjoy them every second you have them. For better or worse.

Old 12-25-2008, 03:57 PM   #8
Rezilynt

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Bellingham, Washington
Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

No, it's not too early to have a drink. I've had 3 Baily's and cofee and am on my way to get number 4.
I know what you mean, but, Please enjoy every moment of waking up with them. All my kids are grown and in different states and I would give almost anything to have them wake me up again on Christmas morning.

Old 12-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #9
Saccharomyces
Be good to your yeast...

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Pflugerville, Texas
Liked 115 Times on 69 Posts

Man Revvy, you're makin' me depressed. We have a guest room...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soperbrew
big brother only monitors facebook and untappd

Old 12-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #10
Borisbbadd

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Utah
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The Baily's and coffee sure sounds good !!!